Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] ALERT. Bruce Springsteen and Mary's Place.

My Springsteen fanatic friend is convinced that he will play the Amex on his next (final?) tour. Lucky enough to have seen him live around the turn of the (21st century) and he was as good, possibly even better, than I thought he would be.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
My Springsteen fanatic friend is convinced that he will play the Amex on his next (final?) tour. Lucky enough to have seen him live around the turn of the (21st century) and he was as good, possibly even better, than I thought he would be.

Can't see that happening, and his only Brighton appearance will have been at the Centre on the original River tour, which I was fortunate enough to see.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't see that happening, and his only Brighton appearance will have been at the Centre on the original River tour, which I was fortunate enough to see.

Is that the very early 80's Brighton Centre gig? Had a ticket for the original date. Then he put it back about six months cos he had a migraine or something. Being newly ex-punk, just thought at the time f**k you Springsteen, if you can't be arsed to turn up, then neither can I. Sold me tkt on, cost price, for the rescheduled gig. Apparently missed out on an epic near 3 hour set. Oh well :shrug:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Is that the very early 80's Brighton Centre gig? Had a ticket for the original date. Then he put it back about six months cos he had a migraine or something. Being newly ex-punk, just thought at the time f**k you Springsteen, if you can't be arsed to turn up, then neither can I. Sold me tkt on, cost price, for the rescheduled gig. Apparently missed out on an epic near 3 hour set. Oh well :shrug:

May 1981

I think some people weren't expecting or used to 3 hour sets, as during the interval a couple left close to me, and never came back for the second set. They either didn't like Springsteen or just thought the first set of around 90 minutes was that for the night.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
May 81 was the first time I saw him at the Brighton Centre. Loads of times since. On his last tour I saw him in Chicago, Rome, London and then Chicago again. Totally different every gig and all brilliant.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
May 1981

I think some people weren't expecting or used to 3 hour sets, as during the interval a couple left close to me, and never came back for the second set. They either didn't like Springsteen or just thought the first set of around 90 minutes was that for the night.

Most leave around 70 minutes..oh hang on that’s something else

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Stafford in 1981,had tickets,mind you Born to to Run was the 'must go' option. Showman from day one.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Never seen him live. I would love to, especially in the US, but the Amex would be amazing too. I have loved this man's music as far back as I can remember, even though none of my mates thought he was 'cool'. I need to right this before one of us dies.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
He actually did 2 nights at The Brighton Centre in May 1981 (not one night). I went to both gigs. Probably the best concerts that I've ever attended, although some of the Jackson Browne concerts that I've been to were comparable to seeing Bruce in his prime.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
He is a legend. I saw him at the Brighton Centre in 1981 as a teenager and couldn't believe how epic his concerts were.

No other performer can capture the hearts and minds of a crowd like Broooce can.

Seen him in Paris and Frankfurt over the years...and the Ricoh last time he was in the UK. Is there a UK Tour in the offing or are we guessing?

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I’d never heard of him when a friend lent me The River album to listen to when it was released and I’ve been sold ever since.
Seen him live 12 times now and can’t get enough. Hopefully will do another tour soon. His live shows are just fantastic.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
He is a legend. I saw him at the Brighton Centre in 1981 as a teenager and couldn't believe how epic his concerts were.

No other performer can capture the hearts and minds of a crowd like Broooce can.

Seen him in Paris and Frankfurt over the years...and the Ricoh last time he was in the UK. Is there a UK Tour in the offing or are we guessing?

Guessing, no live dates announced.

Although there is talk of a new album, which hopefully will mean a tour to support that release.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Bruce and the E Street band are currently recording a new album. I guess it will be out later this year with (fingers crossed) a tour.
He usually kicks off in USA then does European stadium gigs in Summer.
But being the Boss he may switch things around.
I didn’t get into Bruce until the ‘Born in the USA’ album and I wanted to see him live then. Never got to until he played Hyde Park in 2009. It was then that I was hit, full force, with the power of rock n’ roll etc that he unleashes live.
Been completely addicted since then and seen him a further 3 times (Coventry 2013 & 16 and Manchester 2016).
To have been at his Brighton Centre gigs in 1981 must’ve been incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The ol boys still got it!!

74 in September

The knee slides have gone though 😃

A chuffing brilliant night.
(Apart from the location which was shambolic)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We were at Villa Park too. Sensational. He knows how to work a crowd - simply brilliant from start to finish. I’ve never even been a massive Bruce fan but performing live with his band, he is different class..

(Unlike the bars, as mentioned above. Out of beer by 7pm, charging pint prices for warm 440ml cans and £2 extra for each compulsory plastic glass to drink it from).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here