Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nice Piece

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“statistics show that Brighton have conceded fewer goals and faced fewer shots per game than under Hughton last seasoN”

Interesting , given Hughton defence first policy

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
“statistics show that Brighton have conceded fewer goals and faced fewer shots per game than under Hughton last seasoN”

When the opposition are camped outside your box and you have under 30% possession, you conceded a fair few shots, even if the massed ranks manage to block most of them.

When you have 70%+ possession, you don't concede many chances ... but can be vulnerable on the break

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Yet some still insist we're a complete shambles at that back. I'd say we're making different kinds of mistakes due to the change in style and we're missing Duffy's aerial prowess; which team wouldn't? Overall, though we're on the right track imo

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Are some Brighton fans "pining for the days of Chris Hughton"?

A good summary of the current situation overall, explaining to the rest of the world what most of us already know. Surprised he didn't mention Mac Allister though.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Spence for one :)

You AGAIN ??

stalking(2).jpg

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Wonder if he saw us at Bournemouth, in the first half on Satdi etc etc. Doyley always writes great pieces but I'm not sure how convinced he'd be that we'll get the five required wins if he'd witnessed the ease with which they scored against us and our apparent collapse in spirit and cohesion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The article is good, but what on Earth has happened to the writer's face...?

That’s prolonged Guardian exposure for you. You should see the state of my dial.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"Hughton’s team were not only boring, they were decomposing. They won none of their last nine matches and, even though they eked out enough draws to survive, they did not look like a team who could ever win again even if they actually tried to. It was more likely their temporary solidity would crumble."

This, in spades.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
There is too much CH v GP. CH had his time with us and it worked very well until the end. Somebody had to come in and TB chose GP who has done all that could reasonably be expected so far. He needs to get the squad together now and bring some results to keep us up. Watford is a big game.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and this...

"This is a time for everyone at the Amex to hold their nerve. They are four points below Hodgson’s Palace but, all things considered, in a much better place."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have a feeling that [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] was as anti-Hughton as he is anti-Potter, though I could be wrong.

Spence is incredibly forthright in telling everyone just how bad every manager is, but when pressed to name the manager he would support its "not my job to find a good manager".

I fear we may well be dancing to Spence's tune (cracked record) for a fair few years to come.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Seeing the Croydon lot mentioned in the 1st sentence almost stopped me reading it

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are some Brighton fans "pining for the days of Chris Hughton"?

There have certainly been times watching us lose the ball just outside our box through fannying around at the back that I miss Chris Hughton applauding Shane Duffy for hoofing it 70 yards up the pitch, if that counts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here