Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Boxpark in talks to secure Brighton site

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The Wembley Box Park experience for the FA Cup Semi v Man City was great all round - the club put in a lot of effort - and the facilities and location was spot on (other than the number of working men's toilets!).

Not sure what it would be like without the club input though.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The Wembley Box Park experience for the FA Cup Semi v Man City was great all round - the club put in a lot of effort - and the facilities and location was spot on (other than the number of working men's toilets!).

This. But I think the occasion was part of it. Definitely more of a yoof venure imo. Fast food and lots of alcohol.

I think they will be doing something on Beach Green on Shoreham Beach from memory. Horrific thought tbh.

Edit: Yes https://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Article/2019/03/11/Boxpark-Shoreham-cafe-restaurant

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I like these - Been to Croydon, Brixton and Wembley (for Zombie VR, not for semi final) and always found a good safe atmosphere, 'DJ' spinning some tunes, and lots of good food choices.
Food's not particularly cheap but you feel it's all cooked on site in front of you, and if a Q then get given a 'beeper' to call you up when it is. Beer from bar was £5 for pint Coors lite (plastic glass tho)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Having worked in East Croydon in the past I periodically meet up with ex-colleagues at the East Croydon one (maybe 2 x a year). It's very good as a place to meet. The variety of drinks might not be up to some people's standards, but the selection of food available is great. I'd imagine watching a Brighton (away) game there would be fun too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Well worth it I thought. The food was very good....street food style outlets, decent quality.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not up to your hoity-toity middle class toilet standards...?

I have no idea what that means. The problem was that they closed off the upstairs for players/guests etc... and that resulted in very long queues for the only available men's toilet downstairs.

It's not a big deal... just a minor observation about what was a great pre-match experience.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I drop in at the East Croydon one (right next to the station) if I'm on the way back from a reluctant business trip to Beckenham. Good selection of snack stuff, and something I've always thought would do well in our fair city.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I have no idea what that means. The problem was that they closed off the upstairs for players/guests etc... and that resulted in very long queues for the only available men's toilet downstairs.

It's not a big deal... just a minor observation about what was a great pre-match experience.

Whoosh - he was gently mocking your disdain at toilets for working men.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agree with the sentiments above - a really good concept that works well and, I'm sure, would thrive in Brighton.

A group of people all able to choose to eat different cuisines, but enjoy them together is a winner.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm pretty sure they are creating a foodhall type thing at the bottom of West St. The Shelter Hall bit they are working on. Presumably it's not that, so there will be two similar offerings.

The only other area I can imagine it would fit in, be in is east of the pier, so Sea Lanes or Black Rock, somewhere up there

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Agree with the sentiments above - a really good concept that works well and, I'm sure, would thrive in Brighton.

A group of people all able to choose to eat different cuisines, but enjoy them together is a winner.

It's like a posh Taybarns?

taybarns-menu.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Great for relaxed and informal eating. Could imagine one in Brighton being a huge success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here