Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper signs new deal

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Davy Propper has signed a new contract, extending his time at the Albion until June 2023.

The Dutch midfielder has established himself as a key member of the squad since joining the club from PSV Eindhoven in August 2017.

Head Coach Graham Potter said: “I’m delighted Davy has agreed this new contract which he fully deserves.

“I was aware of his contribution in our first two years in the Premier League and since I came to the club he has shown his qualities both on and off the pitch on a consistent basis.

“He is a great professional who is always looking to improve every aspect of his game and I’m really pleased that he is going to be part of our journey going forward.”

In Albion’s first season in the Premier League he made 43 appearances. This season he has already featured 26 times and netted in the 2-2 draw against Wolves in December.

It is shaping up to be a big year for Propper, who is hoping to be part of the Netherlands squad for this summer’s European Championships.

He has won 19 caps and scored three goals since making his debut in 2015 and was part of the squad that finished runners-up in the Nations League last year. Propper began his professional career with Vitesse before moving to PSV in 2015.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great news! I wonder who was in for him in January ?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Protecting his value. Was good in his right sided role v West Ham. Would love to see him in gross kind of position for a game or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
There is more to come from Davy. This is great news.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To think there will be Albion fans who will be disappointed by this news about Propper - 6.

Shame on them.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Fantastic news. He's playing the best football of his life with us. Long may it continue

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
To think there will be Albion fans who will be disappointed by this news about Propper - 6.

Shame on them.

Some people would be disappointed if we signed Ronaldo and Messi. :mad::dunce::flounce:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Excellent

The amount of money you have to gamble at this level to try and make a successful signing, it's good to wrap up someone who's proven over a few seasons :thumbsup:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A Stephens contract renewal would create a extremely long thread, led by his small army of haters.

But given the amount of football he's played for us this season (most games) and the relatively small amount of transfer fee we would get for him if we sold, surely a new contract would be a good idea

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Very happy with this.

Most of the squad are now on contracts to 2022 or 2023.

The rest :

Summer 2020 : Schelotto, Kayal, Balogun.

Summer 2021 : Murray, Stephens, Izquierdo.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
But given the amount of football he's played for us this season (most games) and the relatively small amount of transfer fee we would get for him if we sold, surely a new contract would be a good idea

Think we'd all be flabbergasted by the figures required to prize away DP from the Albion. Top footballer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here