Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] British UFO X-files to be released to the public

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To coincide with this, has anyone on NSC seen what could be described as a UFO?

I know there were a series of sightings off the Sussex coast back in the 60s or 70s, at least according to my Dad.

https://www.space.com/amp/uk-ufo-reports-soon-released.html

From the early 1950s until 2009, a department in the United Kingdom's Ministry of Defence (MoD) documented and investigated reports of UFOs. Now, more than a decade after the program ended, many of those formerly classified files about UFO sightings will be made available to the public for the first time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was driving home one night about five years ago along the Long Furlong, and an aircraft dropped from a fairly low height about 100 yards away in the field to the North. It just hovered there. Large white flashing lights. Sheep running everywhere. Couldn't tell what was behind it but when I looked back (it was behind me by then) it had gone.

There is a fair degree of Chinnok activity now and again near Findon but this made no obvious noise, and it was impossible to see what was behind the flashing lights as they were so bright. At the time I thought little of it but you never know! Guess it could have been a drone but did anyone really have one five years ago? And this was late, maybe near midnight.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am convinced aliens exist and also convinced they do not want to know us as the human race is full of too many wronguns. They have given us a wide berth

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was in a campsite in Cornwall about 20 years ago.

It was summer time and the skys were blue and very clear.

A friend and I noticed what appeared to be a stationery object very very high in the sky. It appeared to be a metallic cylinder. Whilst it was technically a U.F.O, I do suspect the identity of the mystery object was a satellite?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Ronald Reagan became president of the United States, and people still doubt there are Aliens walking amongst us.

Mono

Sep 4, 2019
Newark-on-Trent
I've seen one of those triangle stealth bombers, bit let down after finding out it's a government invention and not done alien spacecraft... I live in Newark between Nottingham and Lincoln and it's RAF bases galore round here, you see strange stuff every now and then. ��

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I was in a campsite in Cornwall about 20 years ago.

It was summer time and the skys were blue and very clear.

A friend and I noticed what appeared to be a stationery object very very high in the sky. It appeared to be a metallic cylinder. Whilst it was technically a U.F.O, I do suspect the identity of the mystery object was a satellite?

i saw something similar once, briefly, dismissed as imagination. saw it again days later at same place, it glintted this time... twigged it was a plane reflecting in the sun. with the angles and distance appears stationary.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
As an early teen or so, when on Ashdown Forest, I saw an egg shaped thing which I estimated about a mile away, black but light at one end. Thought I was a bit mental until a few years ago I saw someone had drawn the exact same thing of what they had seen elsewhere. I suppose that's two of us a bit mental.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I have and it was more than just a sighting, but If i go into it I'll just get trolled by the same olds with the same old bullshit tinfoil insults.

I've also got witnesses for this experience but i suppose we all just agreed to make up some pointless story to look like a trio of nut jobs for the sake of getting some much needed attention and the odd argument with people who could see through our lies. Insecurities can lead to dangerous games. We really should've come up with a more believable story. I knew it was a bad idea.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
My Dad told me about seeing a cigar shaped UFO over in Somerset way when he was a bricklayer on the new Butlins complex, so that must have been in the 60's?

I remember in the 90's seeing a white object go fast across the sky, it was partly cloudy so only got glimpses as it went from one horizon to the other. Wasn't a meteor as didn't burn up, and was going too fast to be a normal aircraft. This was in mid sussex.

Weirdest one for me though was you know that road next to Arundel station? Turn right down it before you get to the Bridge if your heading towards Arundel. Anyway back in '91 (ish) I was going for a drive with my girlfriend down there when I saw two tall what I thought were mannequins at the side of the road looking across the road at the field opposite. They looked really weird, both me and my girlfriend looked at each other as if to say WTF were they!

So further down the road, I turned round as I wanted to have a closer look. As we approached where they were, the headlights caught their silhouette as I was coming up behind them, and they were moving along the road but were walking as if there legs were stiff so were kind of rocking from one side to the other as they walked! I tell you what I was sh*t scared seeing them move so floored it and got out of there! No idea what they were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here