Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Thank You...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I dont know about this season but from what I know players were earning just 2/3 years ago financial support has not been lacking at Whitehawk

They financial support has been lacking for a few seasons which is why the Hawks got relegated 2 seasons in a row.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As a matter of interest how is it that Worthing get gates of 1000 plus and 370 was your biggest gate of season. Whitehawk are I think 3rd so cant be because having poor season

Worthing have a good buzz around them at the moment and getting lots of success which is attracting people, plus they have a great set up. Whitehawk had that a few seasons ago and were regularly getting over 500. Since then they've been relegated twice in a row which does impact crowd numbers. Also Worthing ground is nice and was done up a few seasons ago. Whitehawk ground is a bit more spit & sawdust which may put off a few of the more casual fans.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I remember the days of County League when Whitehawk regularly got the lowest Div 1 attendance averages season upon season - as low as 27.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I remember the days of County League when Whitehawk regularly got the lowest Div 1 attendance averages season upon season - as low as 27.

I know someone that played for them back then. He'd joke there would be no-one in the crowd that wasn't related to someone on the pitch!

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Worthing have a good buzz around them at the moment and getting lots of success which is attracting people, plus they have a great set up. Whitehawk had that a few seasons ago and were regularly getting over 500. Since then they've been relegated twice in a row which does impact crowd numbers. Also Worthing ground is nice and was done up a few seasons ago. Whitehawk ground is a bit more spit & sawdust which may put off a few of the more casual fans.

Also are not Worthing the biggest town in the country without a professional football club. The town has a bigger population than places like Burnley. As someone said, they have a good set up, play good open football and a very good owner in George Dowell. Hopefully get a deserved promotion this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I remember the game between Worthing and Whitehwk in 2016 at Culver Road.
Good game, resulting in a penalty shoot out.

Hawks and Seagulls

Aug 2, 2018
I just watched the highlights on youtube. Was it my imagination or did the home fans change ends when the team did? If I still lived in Brighton I would definitely go to a game, even it was just to sit in an old Withdean seat.

Yes they did... Proper Non-League!
84046473_10156385466170904_3468235934615470080_n.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I remember the game between Worthing and Whitehwk in 2016 at Culver Road.
Good game, resulting in a penalty shoot out.

Sussex Senior Cup wasn't it? I went and had a great time but had some Worthing fans try to start on me in the pub by Lancing station afterwards. Nothing came of it though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
You’ve got no fans. You want some?

The mighty U’s should have won last night, had it not been for some woeful finishing, but then Hawks did have a couple good opportunities too.

For those who have never tried non league should definitely give it a go, beer while you watch, what’s not to love.

What’s with the cow bell and the sort of horn/recorder though?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You’ve got no fans. You want some?

The mighty U’s should have won last night, had it not been for some woeful finishing, but then Hawks did have a couple good opportunities too.

For those who have never tried non league should definitely give it a go, beer while you watch, what’s not to love.

The cow bell is always there. Although I think it may be a tin cup or something like that. The horn is new.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

That was @Atilla who posts here! He turned up with some obscure old instrument he was playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here