Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Thank You...

Hawks and Seagulls

Aug 2, 2018
Huge thanks to the all the Seagulls fans who came along to Whitehawk FC last night for the brilliant 2-2 draw with Hastings. Biggest crowd of the season, pints on the terrace (only £3.70!) loads of drum beating & trumpet blowing, it was a great night!

For those who want a double-header this coming Saturday, we're at home to Sittingbourne at 3pm, then its the Albion at 5:30!

If you're a student you can get free travel to & from Falmer station to the game - just click on the link and sign up... https://whitehawkfc.ktckts.com

Thanks again,
Whitehawk FC.

Attachments

• Sittingbourne poster 2.jpg
    Sittingbourne poster 2.jpg
    703 KB · Views: 535

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As a matter of interest how is it that Worthing get gates of 1000 plus and 370 was your biggest gate of season. Whitehawk are I think 3rd so cant be because having poor season

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As a matter of interest how is it that Worthing get gates of 1000 plus and 370 was your biggest gate of season. Whitehawk are I think 3rd so cant be because having poor season

I suppose Worthing is the number 1 team in Worthing

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Who said the crowd was 370?

Or have I just been WHOOSHED? [emoji23]

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I can't see where it says 370 ? It does "£3.70" for a pint ?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I can't see where it says 370 ? It does "£3.70" for a pint ?

Ooops....I see it has already been mentioned.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Who said the crowd was 370?

Or have I just been WHOOSHED? [emoji23]

362. Very good crowd for an evening game.

Cracking atmosphere. Singing start to finish. Those concerned about atmosphere at the AMEX should do a fact finding mission to East Brighton !

It's a really good local place to enjoy non-league football. Also really good evidence that a strong atmosphere can be created without toxicity.

The Hawks Ultras (which is about half the crowd) don't take themselves seriously but do get behind the team in a way that makes an impact. At the AMEX I'm very ESU library but Hawks is infectious. I often stand among them and start singing myself, which is quite unusual for an anxiety ridden dullard like me.

Hawks and Seagulls

Aug 2, 2018

It wasn't 370 but you aren't that far off to be fair! One of the main reasons is that historically, Whitehawk has been viewed as 'The Estate Club', and the name itself associated with East Brighton's poor rep... That has changed a lot over the past 20 years, but its hard to shake off... When we got to the 2nd round of the cup in 2015 we had a crowd of 2,500, so people know where we are.. Worthing have also had some amazing financial support over the years, and as a consequence have made progress throughout the leagues (currently on for promotion to the Conference south).

But, that's Worthing - another town in Sussex...I'd love to see Whitehawk match their success, and we're working really hard to make that happen... Having support for Brighton's second biggest club from a club in the biggest league in the world helps a lot...:smile:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Cracking atmosphere. Singing start to finish. Those concerned about atmosphere at the AMEX should do a fact finding mission to East Brighton !

It's a really good local place to enjoy non-league football. Also really good evidence that a strong atmosphere can be created without toxicity.

The Hawks Ultras (which is about half the crowd) don't take themselves seriously but do get behind the team in a way that makes an impact. At the AMEX I'm very ESU library but Hawks is infectious. I often stand among them and start singing myself, which is quite unusual for an anxiety ridden dullard like me.

Whitehawk? . . . Hmmm beginning to see you in a totally different light now . . . :rolleyes:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It wasn't 370 but you aren't that far off to be fair! One of the main reasons is that historically, Whitehawk has been viewed as 'The Estate Club', and the name itself associated with East Brighton's poor rep... That has changed a lot over the past 20 years, but its hard to shake off... When we got to the 2nd round of the cup in 2015 we had a crowd of 2,500, so people know where we are.. Worthing have also had some amazing financial support over the years, and as a consequence have made progress throughout the leagues (currently on for promotion to the Conference south).

But, that's Worthing - another town in Sussex...I'd love to see Whitehawk match their success, and we're working really hard to make that happen... Having support for Brighton's second biggest club from a club in the biggest league in the world helps a lot...:smile:

I dont know about this season but from what I know players were earning just 2/3 years ago financial support has not been lacking at Whitehawk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Also Worthing are in a higher division

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Huge thanks to the all the Seagulls fans who came along to Whitehawk FC last night for the brilliant 2-2 draw with Hastings. Biggest crowd of the season, pints on the terrace (only £3.70!) loads of drum beating & trumpet blowing, it was a great night!

For those who want a double-header this coming Saturday, we're at home to Sittingbourne at 3pm, then its the Albion at 5:30!

If you're a student you can get free travel to & from Falmer station to the game - just click on the link and sign up... https://whitehawkfc.ktckts.com

Thanks again,
Whitehawk FC.

Had a great evening again. I will be coming to every game I can when the Albion are not playing and am encouraging others to come along to future games too. Few of us are going to do the Burgess Hill away game later in the month as well.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

£3.62, that's not a bad price for a decent pint.....

Hawks and Seagulls

Aug 2, 2018
I dont know about this season but from what I know players were earning just 2/3 years ago financial support has not been lacking at Whitehawk

They might have, (I've been here 18 months), but as we've seen from teams like Billericay (weekly wage bill £30k a week in Division 7!), and others, chucking money at the players without a solid foundation only works in the short term... Eventually it topples - Whitehawk's two relegations in two seasons is evidence of that... They key is to build the foundations and grow from the ground up - look at Albion and see how far they had to fall before they turned the corner, and look where they are now.. I'm not saying we're going that far (!), but at least we can look to build a solid, sustainable grassroots football club that compliments the Seagulls...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I just watched the highlights on youtube. Was it my imagination or did the home fans change ends when the team did? If I still lived in Brighton I would definitely go to a game, even it was just to sit in an old Withdean seat.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I just watched the highlights on youtube. Was it my imagination or did the home fans change ends when the team did? If I still lived in Brighton I would definitely go to a game, even it was just to sit in an old Withdean seat.

it's common in non league for the fans to switch ends at half time

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
it's common in non league for the fans to switch ends at half time

Non-league fans generally stay behind the opposition goal. As goalie changes ends at half time so do the fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here