Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Rusk to Cambridge Utd.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My thoughts exactly. And it saves Barber money as well.

Everyone's a winner! Assuming Rusk wants to be in the front line, of course - he's 38 now having been our u23s manager for 5 years. Maybe it is time for a change and I'm sure everyone would wish him well and look forward to sending our players out on loan to Cambridge next season.

Bruno strikes me as a man with the purpose and ambition to be a manager, he wouldn't make 5 years as u23s manager but I don't think he would need to. I think it would be an ideal start for him in coaching, plenty of genuine match experience without the pressure of getting the results to save your job.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Everyone's a winner! Assuming Rusk wants to be in the front line, of course - he's 38 now having been our u23s manager for 5 years. Maybe it is time for a change and I'm sure everyone would wish him well and look forward to sending our players out on loan to Cambridge next season.

Bruno strikes me as a man with the purpose and ambition to be a manager, he wouldn't make 5 years as u23s manager but I don't think he would need to. I think it would be an ideal start for him in coaching, plenty of genuine match experience without the pressure of getting the results to save your job.

Agree with this.
Bruno could even become Graham Potters deputy, now that would be interesting :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm farley sure he'd do a good job.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I see what you did there...I salute you sir and...... 1001AB85-E037-41EC-A665-9BB6EB4C2058.jpeg

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Ha! I was there too, with my 8 yo son and 10 yo daughter .

Aha small world, excellent! Windy day wasn't it? Were you there supporting Cambridge or Colchester?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[Tweet]1225168063848280065[/Tweet]

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
[Tweet]1225168063848280065[/Tweet]

OK. Fair enough. He's done his dues here and bought some good young players through.

I wonder if the new u23 coach will be from the bootroom, so to speak. Crofts, Sidwell, Calde, Bruno, Zamora? Or maybe the u18 coach gets promoted or just a random.

One thing I do believe is that given the amount of money we've spent onm the Academy and given how much we've made it central to our future, the board will give it as much consideration as if it were the first team manager being appointed

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
OK. Fair enough. He's done his dues here and bought some good young players through.

I wonder if the new u23 coach will be from the bootroom, so to speak. Crofts, Sidwell, Calde, Bruno, Zamora? Or maybe the u18 coach gets promoted or just a random.

One thing I do believe is that given the amount of money we've spent onm the Academy and given how much we've made it central to our future, the board will give it as much consideration as if it were the first team manager being appointed

As others have said promote Bruno, he is made for the role

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Aha small world, excellent! Windy day wasn't it? Were you there supporting Cambridge or Colchester?

Cambridge - I only live about 20 minutes away. I go with my son every now and then but on this occasion Cambridge Utd had given out free tickets to local primary schools so we went as part of that deal. Always enjoy an afternoon at the Abbey.

🙂

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Cambridge - I only live about 20 minutes away. I go with my son every now and then but on this occasion Cambridge Utd had given out free tickets to local primary schools so we went as part of that deal. Always enjoy an afternoon at the Abbey.

🙂

I was there supporting Colchester and sounds like my relationship with them is very similar to yours with Cambridge - only live 20 minutes away from Colchester's ground so go there fairly frequently these days. I liked the Abbey - quirky and old school! Really easy to get to from Suffolk (where I am) along the A14 using Park and Ride.

Looks like the Rusk appointment is a done deal! Hope he does well there.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As others have said promote Bruno, he is made for the role

As much as a legend that he is, what do you know about his coaching ability that suggests he should get the gig? Has he got or is he working towards his coachng badges. Let's not forget he was brought in as senior player development coach. Not sure exactly what that is but guessing he isn't coaching a team!

The U23s are quite successful so I suspect the club will appoint someone with some coaching experience.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Simon Rusk is from that area. So I guess it's an excellent suit for him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As much as a legend that he is, what do you know about his coaching ability that suggests he should get the gig? Has he got or is he working towards his coachng badges. Let's not forget he was brought in as senior player development coach. Not sure exactly what that is but guessing he isn't coaching a team!

The U23s are quite successful so I suspect the club will appoint someone with some coaching experience.

Wasnt it suggested that he went to Ireland for 2 weeks during the summer, when re retired, to get his EUFA Coaching Badges. so would assume that he has them.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Bruno's first job is to impart everything he knows into Tariq Lamptey...
If he's in the first team squad then that's where Bruno needs to be.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Bruno has been doing his badges , went over to Ireland at the end of last season for it and worked with Maidstone united recently for his A license assessment.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As much as a legend that he is, what do you know about his coaching ability that suggests he should get the gig? Has he got or is he working towards his coachng badges. Let's not forget he was brought in as senior player development coach. .

Did his first coaching badge with Irish FA last summer: https://www.instagram.com/p/ByQl4S4l608/ (Apparently people do it with the Irish FA as it is about half the price of doing it with the FA here.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here