Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Rusk to Cambridge Utd.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sorry if fixtures, but haven't seen else anywhere :)

Brighton & Hove Albion U23 manager Simon Rusk is in the running to become the next Cambridge United boss, CambridgeshireLive understands.

The source also said the move would signal a move towards a Nathan Jones - who left a coaching role at Brighton to join Luton Town - approach from the U’s.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/brighton--hove-albion-u23s-17690271

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Rusk manager with Jones assistant seems a bit odd ?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Was at Cambridge United on Saturday. Though they beat Colchester, they are a very poor outfit. They won't go down but they need some sprucing up for certain.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
Cambridge are very lucky that there are some REALLY shit teams in League 2.
Two consecutive 4 nil home defeats and several other crap results and still 13 points clear of relegation.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Too expensive for them, and damaged goods now.

Too expensive, yes. He's not damaged goods though. Granted things didn't go his way at Stoke for one reason or another at Championship level. He's proved he's more than capable in both L1 and certainly L2.

I'm assuming Jones will wait until the Summer before sizing up an attractive L1 outfit. For example, Portsmouth if they failed to get promoted again this season and Jackett left.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Was at Cambridge United on Saturday. Though they beat Colchester, they are a very poor outfit. They won't go down but they need some sprucing up for certain.

Ha! I was there too, with my 8 yo son and 10 yo daughter .

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
He could come back and coach our U23s.

Saw Nathan Jones at the Bournemouth away game at the Vitality - in deep and lengthy conversation with Brighton employees and with Warren Aspinall (that's right Johnny) and the bloke from the Argus.

No smoke without fire.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Does Crofts have the qualifications to be able to step in if Rusk goes? He would know the players better than anyone coming from outside and provide the continuity.

I guess Ashworth might have some decent contacts to be able to get someone in too.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Saw Nathan Jones at the Bournemouth away game at the Vitality - in deep and lengthy conversation with Brighton employees and with Warren Aspinall (that's right Johnny) and the bloke from the Argus.

No smoke without fire.

he appeared on the bbc sussex albion podcast last week as well. He's definitely retained a good relationship with the powers that be at the club. If he doesn't fancy another go a management (which I ireckon he probably does) I would imagine he'd be back at the club in some capacity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here