Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Unintentional Partridge - Albion edition

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Think it’s time we started calling out this stuff…

Exhibit #1, Andy Naylor in The Athletic

'The Arabic translation of the name chosen for Lamptey by his Ghanaian parents means Morning Star or “he who walked through the door”. With his Chelsea contract expiring in the summer, he wanted to walk through the first-team door at Chelsea but it was slammed shut.'

AP.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
That went well. :)

More examples when I spot them - for my own amusement, apparently. :down:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If I'm honest, I DID try and enter into the spirit of the thing by posting that
alireza...
alireza...
Alireza!...
ALIREZA!!..
ALIREZAGOOOOOOOOOL!!!
clip

Couldn't find it tho :shrug:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well, I enjoyed it!

Me too.

While the copy is appealing to many readers, half the stuff that the likes of AN churn out must be mind-numbing at times. Shoehorning in stuff like this keeps it vaguely interesting for them.

And, let's face it, you noticed it and reacted to it, [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION], which is half the battle for journalists :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

No, mate. That was a cracker. Only just spotted your thread. I'll get to work.....:thumbsup:

Edit - had to expand it beyond The Albion I'm afraid. Or we'd be here all day, and some of us haven't ruddy got all day. Fact.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Here you go, from the 'ooh aah Daily Star'.

"The Daily Mirror report that the Chelsea boss has two names in mind as a replacement, with Premier League stars Nick Pope of Burnley and Crystal Palace’s Vicente Guaita top of his wish-list.

It comes as news emerges that Athletic Bilbao are reportedly interested in re-signing Kepa in a move which could see highly-rated gloveman Jan Oblak put up for sale."

Highly rated gloveman :facepalm::laugh::laugh::laugh::O

2019-08-16_ent_52595920_I1.JPG

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Me too.

While the copy is appealing to many readers, half the stuff that the likes of AN churn out must be mind-numbing at times. Shoehorning in stuff like this keeps it vaguely interesting for them.

And, let's face it, you noticed it and reacted to it, [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION], which is half the battle for journalists :thumbsup:

O/T, (but in a similar vein), I once read an interview with Lynne Truss I think it was. She used to work for the Argus apparently, (or Radio Brighton, can't remember) and in football reports they would apparently see if anyone could ft the cliche 'Dame Fortune sat on the crossbar' into their report.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And here is the insight of Alan Shearer in Metro:

‘If there is one man who sums up United’s struggles in front of goal, it is Anthony Martial,’ Shearer wrote in his Sun column. He just looks uninterested. I never get the impression he enjoys playing football — which is something I’ve not really come across too much in the game before.'

Indeed not, Alan.

Partridge-1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here