Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk only 2 yellow cards away from a 2 match ban...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
How does he play this? Does he just play his normal game and when they come (which they will) they come or when he gets to 9 bookings does he tactically pick one up to miss a game we have less of a chance in? (Wolves away?)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Less chance in Wolves away?

Wolves are our bunnies. We have played 15 times at Molineux: Lost 2, drawn 6 & won 7.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’m sure it’ll be fine.
Greyhound can play centre back as well as right back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didn't this happen 2 seasons ago when he was 1 or 2 cards from a ban and went the rest of the season without getting another?
It happened when we were in the Championship. He went from being a walking yellow card to not getting any. I don't remember it happening in the PL.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It happened when we were in the Championship. He went from being a walking yellow card to not getting any. I don't remember it happening in the PL.

Was the season we got promoted. He was 2 or 3 bookings away from a 3 game ban with 11 games to go. In the last game that Dunk got booked that season we also lost Duffy to injury for the rest of the season. Dunk showed real composure to go through the rest of the season without picking up another yellow card.

It was a real coming of age moment for him that he's continued in the Premier League. He didn't pick up another suspension until his red card against Bournemouth in our second season in the PL, and then one earlier this season for 5 yellow cards. Remarkable for a defender really.

I think there are eight games to play until the cut off for ten yellows.

The cut off for 10 yellows is after the 32nd game of our season (so 6 games to play). Currently the Man Utd game is our 32nd fixture of the season.

Last edited:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
It is a little worrying for a club with so many CB’s, we could have the situation of needing a CB when we have three on loan and two recovering from injury, leaving just Webster!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who actually is our back up centre half at the moment?

Shane Duffy (who they said would be available for the Watford game).

Beyond Dunk / Webster / Duffy, I guess it would be a move central for Bernardo.

After that who knows. Probably Hayden Roberts. :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is a little worrying for a club with so many CB’s, we could have the situation of needing a CB when we have three on loan and two recovering from injury, leaving just Webster!!

So basically we might struggle when down to our 7th string CB.

If you took 7 centre backs out of any other Premier League squad, they'll not be filling the hole with the quality of Webster and Bernie Inn the emergency.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Shane Duffy (who they said would be available for the Watford game).

Beyond Dunk / Webster / Duffy, I guess it would be a move central for Bernardo.

After that who knows. Probably Hayden Roberts. :shrug:

It is kind of remarkable we let Balogun go isn't it, didn't really twig at the time. He must have been pissed off though. Bong too. Maybe Roberts is indeed showing that kind of promise

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
So basically we might struggle when down to our 7th string CB.

If you took 7 centre backs out of any other Premier League squad, they'll not be filling the hole with the quality of Webster and Bernie Inn the emergency.

My thoughts being why put ourselves into that position and why let Balogun go on loan with the injury situation at the time?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My thoughts being why put ourselves into that position and why let Balogun go on loan with the injury situation at the time?

A sure sign of an Albion fan.
The desperate need to hoard centre backs.

The club will be so proud. :lol:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
A sure sign of an Albion fan.
The desperate need to hoard centre backs.

The club will be so proud. :lol:

A trait as an Albion fan I have picked up from the club that appears now, wants to buy and hoard talent and loan It out. Where their policy falls down in my view is, that they appear to be prepared to implement this policy at the detriment of the front side.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A trait as an Albion fan I have picked up from the club that appears now, wants to buy and hoard talent and loan It out. Where their policy falls down in my view is, that they appear to be prepared to implement this policy at the detriment of the front side.
How does it negatively affect the first team?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here