Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23 Spurs v Albion tonight

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
[tweet]1224392215490977793[/tweet]

No, in answer to my own question. Does that mean he could be in contention for Saturday?

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
[tweet]1224392215490977793[/tweet]

No, in answer to my own question. Does that mean he could be in contention for Saturday?

His exclusion is evidence, though far from conclusive, that he's been signed as a member of the first team rather than a Taylor Richards type signing who goes straight to the u23s

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
His exclusion is evidence, though far from conclusive, that he's been signed as a member of the first team rather than a Taylor Richards type signing who goes straight to the u23s

I was under the impression that he was first team signing but thought he might have got a run out tonight.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Young Croft’s getting a game

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Young Croft’s getting a game

Still can't work out how this benefits us. Yes he can guide young players whilst on the pitch, but how does that outweigh the fact he is denying one a place?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West

How come Taylor Richards doesn’t even make the U23’s line up or bench?
Is he injured? He really hasn’t lived upto to his potential and reputation yet. £2.5m wasted?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Calling AZ Gull perhaps. Are any of the current crop of U23s likely to break in to the first team squad next season like Connolly or Alzate, or do we have another Ben White or Jason Molumby ready to hit the Championship running on loan?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Calling AZ Gull perhaps. Are any of the current crop of U23s likely to break in to the first team squad next season like Connolly or Alzate, or do we have another Ben White or Jason Molumby ready to hit the Championship running on loan?

The U18s are playing Arsenal U18s at Borehamwood on Thursday night, will be about a £5 to get in.

http://www.tlfg.uk

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

Hard to say really - at the end of last season nobody would have imagined Alzate coming along like he has.

Gwargis, Roberts, Jenks and Yapi seem the pick of the current crop to me. But I honestly wouldn’t see them breaking into the first team yet. More loans out I would think.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hard to say really - at the end of last season nobody would have imagined Alzate coming along like he has.

Gwargis, Roberts, Jenks and Yapi seem the pick of the current crop to me. But I honestly wouldn’t see them breaking into the first team yet. More loans out I would think.

Nobody would have foreseen Alzate doing as well as he has, but he did have senior league football under his belt - at Orient, and on loan at Swindon last year, before he got injured. That experience alone puts him ahead of anybody playing in our U23s right now.

The lads currently on loan, are the next cabs off the rank- Molumby and White. Maybe Walton too.

Of those still here, the best prospects from what I've seen, are Hayden Roberts and Teddy Jenks - they are both very young, though.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I think more loans out as well

The pathway now looks like .... u18, u23, lower level loan, higher level loan, then first team squad or sale

Stumpy Tim

Nobody would have foreseen Alzate doing as well as he has, but he did have senior league football under his belt - at Orient, and on loan at Swindon last year, before he got injured. That experience alone puts him ahead of anybody playing in our U23s right now.

The lads currently on loan, are the next cabs off the rank- Molumby and White. Maybe Walton too.

Of those still here, the best prospects from what I've seen, are Hayden Roberts and Teddy Jenks - they are both very young, though.

Every time I´ve bothered to watch an U23 match on Seagulls TV that Yapi kid at right back looks really good. Very quick and direct

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here