Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How to improve NS and Amex atmosphere?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
With their decision about ESL the club have, for the first time at The Amex, made it clear that moving STHs is manageable if considered worthwhile. Further, they are making this Family Stand move happen when they know it will be unpopular and there is no benefit to Albion fans.

The vast majority of Albion fans would be in favour of doing something to make a big difference to the normal atmosphere in the ground by allowing the most vocal fans in the North Stand to be grouped together.

Block N1D looks like the obvious place but there could be tweaks around that. It doesn't have to be the whole of a particular block. There are a few factors to consider and some other configuration could be better.

Grouping together the most vocal NS fans in that sort of area would make a massive difference to the atmosphere. Regular loud singing, picked up by WSU and spread to the rest of the ground (even being heard by the away end...) in a way that doesn't happen at the moment - and never will given where the different groups of people who like to sing are stuck in the North Stand.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Having the singing section next to the away fans would be better.

Certainly more fun. :smile:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Have you considered doing a PowerPoint for Paul Barber?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A new singing section, yours for only an extra £75 on your season ticket price.

Not going to happen, just look at how our friends up the road mis-managed such a move.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Have you considered doing a PowerPoint for Paul Barber?
The main thrust of this campaign will involve very, very long e-mails.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not going to happen, just look at how our friends up the road mis-managed such a move.
Palace have got potentially the best singing section in the Premier League. Only spoiled by the Always Ultras and their Euro droning and drummer.

In our North Stand we must have 300 proper Albion fans who would do a great job of leading the atmosphere if allowed to group together.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've always kind of assumed that if you buy a ticket in the North Stand you go there to sing. That you are obliged to sing. That was always the deal in the old North Stand at the Goldstone.

They made them the cheapest tickets in the stadium. So no, not everyone went in there because they were thinking they'd sing...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Certainly more fun. :smile:
Agree that would be ideal but sadly is never going to happen. One of my most vivid memories of THE North Stand was being right next to the fence in the NE corner for West Ham in 1978...

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Could we have it in the 1901 club, what-what? I do like a jolly good sing-song!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
They made them the cheapest tickets in the stadium. So no, not everyone went in there because they were thinking they'd sing...
They also made a big mistake from the outset thinking that putting all the most vocal fans spread across the back 4 or 5 rows would work for atmosphere.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I've always kind of assumed that if you buy a ticket in the North Stand you go there to sing. That you are obliged to sing. That was always the deal in the old North Stand at the Goldstone.

Spot on. I announced my retirement when I went WSU.
But I did my time in the trenches.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They also made a big mistake from the outset thinking that putting all the most vocal fans spread across the back 4 or 5 rows would work for atmosphere.

I wonder if you could set up a voluntary swap thing at this stage each season. Set out you where you want the rowdy section, offer those in it who don't want to contribute the chance to move out to equivalent or better seats to replace those that want to move into it. Doesn't happen now because no one knows where to move. You might get people get improved seats moving out of the singing area to allow those in better seats perhaps to move into it. Over a few seasons you might actually start to see it happen organically.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Certainly more fun. [emoji2]
I agree with this, being next to the away fans is much better, we all need to move to south!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

It’s bloody hard singing whilst munching on a black pudding sausage roll you know

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If you buy into the section, is there a minimum volume to keep you 'in the club'?

If you like a hum or a good mumble, will that keep your spot?

Also, if you can't keep tempo and do SbtS at a rate of a seal on 'E' do you lose points?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here