Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We’ve made the Jeremy Vine Show.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As above, one of his subjects for discussion is the brouhaha about light pollution due to the pitch maintenance.

I’m in a quandary, I really can’t stand Vine, I usually turn him off and listen to something else, should I bite the bullet, and put up with his inanity, or just get the highlights on NSC?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As above, one of his subjects for discussion is the brouhaha about light pollution due to the pitch maintenance.

I’m in a quandary, I really can’t stand Vine, I usually turn him off and listen to something else, should I bite the bullet, and put up with his inanity, or just get the highlights on NSC?

Listen and try to phone in to add some 'balance'. Take one for the NSC team.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really don’t know if I can.

In his preview in the previous show, he’s already said that stargazers are mistaking the Amex for a star.
The man is a complete buffoon, and, a Chelsea STH.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

:clap2:

Can't wait to hear what the great British public has to say.

Collected comments:

"These climate change do gooders have gone mad. Climate change isn't even real. They should be in school."

"I didn't even know Brighton had a football team."

"It has affected my mental health and my cockapoo won't stop soiling the carpet."

"In my day we used to play on the mud. In the 70s nobody complained. That's when men were men."

"Now we're out of the EU we won't have to grow grass according to European regulations."

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I really don’t know if I can.

In his preview in the previous show, he’s already said that stargazers are mistaking the Amex for a star.
The man is a complete buffoon, and, a Chelsea STH.

A sh1te stirring moron. The fact that you can only see it when the clouds are over the stadium and therefore cannot see the stars is totally irrelevant because its a fact that doesn't support his giant wooden spoon stirring drivel.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
:clap2:

Can't wait to hear what the great British public has to say.

Collected comments:

"These climate change do gooders have gone mad. Climate change isn't even real. They should be in school."

"I didn't even know Brighton had a football team."

"It has affected my mental health and my cockapoo won't stop soiling the carpet."

"In my day we used to play on the mud. In the 70s nobody complained. That's when men were men."

"Now we're out of the EU we won't have to grow grass according to European regulations."

Isn't this just the summary of The Brexit Thread?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Mind you, they're not just getting a footballer, they're getting a bar room crooner too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's football so therefore all the 'respectable' citizens who turn their lights off every time they leave the room, will be wanting to have a go.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
I hope someone points out the fact that many clubs do this.
On the way back from the game about 22.00 on Saturday night I noticed that The New Den was lit up in the same way.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I hope someone points out the fact that many clubs do this.
On the way back from the game about 22.00 on Saturday night I noticed that The New Den was lit up in the same way.

The New Den isn't in the middle of the downs though.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If we fitted the lights with reflectors, we would cut down stray light emission and get at least twice as much light to the grass.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
All light spillage is wasted energy so the light systems should be modified to not let the light escape.

If the image below is the effect of the lights then it looks like the area is in constant state of sunrise or sunset which will affect the bats and birds:

lights2.jpg

If the image below this is the effect on the street there is a hell of a lot of light spillage:

lights1.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I drive past it with the lights on for the first time last week, I hadn't heard about the fuss and it was absolutely blowing my mind what that orange glow was in the sky.

I think I'd be quite miffed if I lived in Falmer, its it always like that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here