Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When football streams freeze....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Watched the game on Saturday on a stream on my phone while walking my dog. Every now and again the signal gets weak, the stream freezes and I have to either wait for it to come back or refresh the page.

I kid you not that these were two exact moments when the stream froze, and I ended up staring at these exact images for about a minute each. That has to be one of the tensest periods of football I've ever watched :lolol:

Gross.PNG

murray.PNG

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Watched the game on Saturday on a stream on my phone while walking my dog. Every now and again the signal gets weak, the stream freezes and I have to either wait for it to come back or refresh the page.

I kid you not that these were two exact moments when the stream froze, and I ended up staring at these exact images for about a minute each. That has to be one of the tensest periods of football I've ever watched :lolol:

View attachment 119804

View attachment 119805

It seemed to freeze at the game at both those moments.

I reckon time stood still as Gross' shot rolled towards the goal, and when VAR were looking at Murray's goal.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's even a more of a *******, when it freezes and you get a notification on your phone when someone has scored, when the urge is not to look and hope that the stream picks up and we've scored.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can remember a few years ago watching a moody stream of a game away at Blackburn. It froze during the course of a very promising attack when we were breaking into their box. Someone rolled it across the area, and it stayed stuck like that for at least a minute, we had plenty of time to speculate if one of ours or one of theirs would get on the of it. I was too scared to re-load the link as it had taken AGES to get it to work, but then suddenly it sprung back into life with BZ running along the touchline celebrating his goal (which we hadn't even seen).

Felt weird jumping around the living room celebrating a goal we'd not seen, about a minute or two after the event :lolol:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

I reckon time stood still as Gross' shot rolled towards the goal,

I was in the upper tier and I think I could have got down the stairs and on to the pitch to clear that quicker than the West Ham defenders moved.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
It's even a more of a *******, when it freezes and you get a notification on your phone when someone has scored, when the urge is not to look and hope that the stream picks up and we've scored.

I watch on the iPad and put the phone into Aeroplane mode for this very reason!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Any tips to stop the streams freezing? Is it the sites fault or my laptop/internet connection.
Never get freezing in iPlayer etc.

Well in my case I was walking the coast path of Cornwall so I'm going to blame my connection!

I assume it's a combination of your signal and how many people are trying to watch the same stream, but I'm no expert

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Any tips to stop the streams freezing? Is it the sites fault or my laptop/internet connection.

Can be either but I think if your connection is generally decent then it's usually the sites.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not had it as bad as the OP on Saturday but it seems to happen quite often to me as a player pulls his leg back to shoot. Whether it be us or the opposition, it’s equally as stressful.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
2003 Rugby World Cup final, Australia vs England.

I recorded the game on a VCR so I could watch it at a decent time. Managed to avoid hearing the score. Game tied at full time, just a few seconds left in extra time, ball comes out to Johny Wilkinson, he goes for a drop goal, the ball leaves his boot..............and the tape runs out...............

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003

I reckon time stood still as Gross' shot rolled towards the goal, and when VAR were looking at Murray's goal.

That Gross one was mental. I'm staring at this still image, wondering if the ball had the legs to get there, was it on target, if it didn't go in would we get a penalty?

Very nice to see everyone celebrating when the stream finally refreshed.

The Murray one I got to see the first replay before it froze, so I was convinced it wasn't handball, but you never ever know with VAR.

The final freeze was with about 20 seconds to go. When it finally refreshed I saw West Ham players and fans celebrating. I thought 'no **** off, they didn't, did they......?' but then realised it was just a replay of Diop's goal :ohmy:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

View attachment 119804

View attachment 119805

That will teach you to Break The Law, me laddio. ???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That will teach you to Break The Law, me laddio. ???

I concur. Nothing to be gained breaking the law in the long run you young scallywag. You always get caught in the end and you will almost certainly get your collar felt.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I concur. Nothing to be gained breaking the law in the long run you young scallywag. You always get caught in the end and you will almost certainly get your collar felt.

Sometimes a felt collar can be a very fine thing, though.

nice.jpg

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

I've been told that if you have a firestick..

Turn off router, and unplug FS, wait couple minutes, router back on and blue light (BT) then plug FS back in and that helps with streams - Something to do with DNS and IP address's..?

Might transfer to your scenario?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here