Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Points to be safe this season

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
37 should be enough, it was for 7 seasons in the 2010s. 38 almost certainly will be, otherwise at least 3 of the teams below us would need to pick up more than 1ppg until the end of the season and we'd have to dip under 1ppg - this is assuming none of the clubs above us nosedive into getting less than 7 or 8 points from 13 games.

The bottom bottom 6 or 7 is very competitive this season but as a result none of us seem to be able to put a run together, I think 19th place will be a few points off the pace but 18th will be tight

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
38, for me Clive.

Desperately close for us between 17th and 18th, I fear.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
But we have only won a paltry 6 matches all season. Can’t see us getting anywhere near 5 more wins.
One once in nine matches I believe!

This. Does amaze me how some think that we will suddenly win 5 games all of a sudden when the pressure is on and we have stuttered and given away points all season. I think , as last year, this is too close too call.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
38 should just be enough, but keeping our 'better than others' goal difference is important too.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I'm kind of hoping that Watford's new manager bounce might be starting to wane a bit, l know they were unlucky to lose yesterday, but generally their results seem to be tailing off a bit.

Still, now l've said that no doubt they will put that right next Saturday. :shootself

Yep, that's done it. :wozza::D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Suspect Southampton fans were saying this a few weeks ago. It can all change very quickly.

That has been some turnaround since the 0-9. Not convinced we have enough experience or quality to do the same.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
But we have only won a paltry 6 matches all season. Can’t see us getting anywhere near 5 more wins.
One once in nine matches I believe!
We have also drawn 8, so for a start we can say that 3 wins and 4 draws is more likely than 5 wins - 13 points rather than 15.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think that for the first year in a long time you may actually need 40 to stay up, everyone's picking up points, the top six, other than one club, are dropping points and it's very tight in the bottom between Watford and Palace in 14th it's only 7 points. 39 may see you safe and 40 will.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I'm going for 37 to ensure safety, 36 with a superior goal difference.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
36 to survive with anything else being a bonus.
Don't know where this talk about winning 5 games is coming from, will win maybe 2 and make the rest up with draws.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
36 to survive with anything else being a bonus.
Don't know where this talk about winning 5 games is coming from, will win maybe 2 and make the rest up with draws.

That was last season, not good enough this year IMO.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We have also drawn 8, so for a start we can say that 3 wins and 4 draws is more likely than 5 wins - 13 points rather than 15.

Yes. Why do people always ignore draws?

The 3 wins and 4 draws, as you say, still allows us 6 defeats.

Personally, I don't think we will lose all 4 of our remaining big 6 home games, so we can still afford a bad result or two. Better if it isn't against Watford or other direct rival though

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we are very, very lucky then, with the Bournemouth defeat today, 36 points may be enough.

Palace is always a 'must win', but this time it is doubly so.

After that we need to look at getting the remaining required 6 points from the Norwich and Newcastle games.

It's too close for comfort now.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If we are very, very lucky then, with the Bournemouth defeat today, 36 points may be enough.

After that we need to look at getting the remaining required 6 points from the Norwich and Newcastle games.

I don't get this. So do you think we're nailed on the lose all the games you haven't listed? All of them?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

And we'd be very lucky to stay up with 36 points.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I don't get this. So do you think we're nailed on the lose all the games you haven't listed? All of them?
No, I'm not predicting anything. I'm projecting that we'll win a couple more games after palace, and the 2 games mentioned are the ones which to me seem the likeliest we'll pick something up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here