Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham fans praising Murray

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Interesting seeing opinions from the other side. Lots of respect for Murray, and our play in general.

As much as players are cheats these days, watching it on a stream I could tell by Murray’s reaction that it never touched his hand. He was certain it his stomach or side or whatever it was. Replays confirmed it. Var was spot on here.

100% agree with this. Also Murray has been a thorn in our side for years. He’s had some proper stormers against us. It’s our inept defence who aren’t up for the fight with him. We all saw it coming on here. Do they not think “Brighton on Saturday let’s really make sure that Murray doesn’t mug us off again”?
I like Glen Murray, a little more of his attitude and fight in our forward line wouldn’t go amiss.

Murray and his teammates must have begged Potter to play him against us because he seems to up his game 100% and imho , he looked a better front man at 36 (or is it 37) than 45m Haller.

Lucky to have got a point in the end because Fab produced some fantastic saves.

I bloody hate us playing Glenn Murray...looked twice the player that Haller was yesterday. Bet that’s the one excellent game he has this season. Maybe we should sign him for the championship next year.

The most annoying thing for me is that Murray did it once again. When they scored the second goal I don't think anybody was too naive to believe they wouldn't score the third.

The thing is, it was Murray's first start since September. He was yet to score a goal this season. And they put the 36 years old striker, who can't run properly anymore, in the starting line-up on purpose. They knew he'd score. That's how shitty our defence is.

Murray since they came up...

P 59 (30) Goals 26.

A totally under rated player. Something like 37 goals from 77 PL starts + subs across his career.

That ain't a fluke. There was one bit of control yesterday where he brought the ball down and our lot were I was sat were murmuring in appreciation at the skill.

Every Palace fan I know misses him. In fact, my mate down the road who is STH reckons that they'd have qualified for Europe this season, if they still had him. He's a great mix of dark arts nudge and niggle, with some proper technique. He's also not the kind of player to sulk or have a crisis of confidence.

apparently the best football we can play is by being industrious and flooding the middle. pinging every ball out to antonio in an attempt to get a set piece so we can load up the box. that was our peak in the first half.

when brighton ramped it up their football was of a different era to what we were playing as far as guile and tactics go, which we accomodated by a rediculous capitulation of the initiative by moving to five at the back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good read, feel sorry for the Hammers they dont deserve their owners

I know it's very naughty to crack open this can of worms, so soon after the last time, but...

'What owners do the entitled, precious, up themselves, self important, spivvy, snidey, fans at The Academy of Football deserve'?

:lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Interesting seeing opinions from the other side. Lots of respect for Murray, and our play in general.

Every Palace fan I know misses him. In fact, my mate down the road who is STH reckons that they'd have qualified for Europe this season

Is that todays Joke De Jour :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
As the WHU fan stated and what a lot of us know is that Glen is (Not was) a special talent and is greatly underrated. He's not the best striker in the world but he is our striker and fully committed to our cause. I hope Mr Potter realises that he gives him options that others don't.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I really hope when Glenn decides to hang up his boots (at 54 years young) he will be retained on our coaching staff. So much knowledge to pass on to our youngsters.

Motd even did a small piece on Murray last night pointing out his defensive skills too. Then later they were discussing Tammy Abraham and suggested he's not quite the finished product and could be better if he had some of Murray's hustle and bustle

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lovely read.

Plenty of decent supporters at sham. Owners obviously embarrassing; easy to spend money on players and wages when you get a 60K seater stadium basically given to you. With that sort of leg up they should be top four.

Anyway, nice to see some respect for GM. Back handed compliments for Potter too - 'obvious' to start GM yesterday. Obvious to the sham fans, but not ours it seems :lolol:

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Page 4 - Knees up Mother Brown Forum .png

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Murray since they came up...

P 59 (30) Goals 26.

A totally under rated player. Something like 37 goals from 77 PL starts + subs across his career.

That ain't a fluke. There was one bit of control yesterday where he brought the ball down and our lot were I was sat were murmuring in appreciation at the skill.

Nice to see other fans appreciate our Glen.

Every Palace fan I know misses him. In fact, my mate down the road who is STH reckons that they'd have qualified for Europe this season, if they still had him. He's a great mix of dark arts nudge and niggle, with some proper technique. He's also not the kind of player to sulk or have a crisis of confidence.

Gutted :laugh:

As the WHU fan stated and what a lot of us know is that Glen is (Not was) a special talent and is greatly underrated. He's not the best striker in the world but he is our striker and fully committed to our cause. I hope Mr Potter realises that he gives him options that others don't.

Exactly. Be good to see how GPott can make him fit into our side. Gives us another dimension.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Nice to see other fans appreciate our Glen.

Gutted :laugh:

Exactly. Be good to see how GPott can make him fit into our side. Gives us another dimension.

I have no problem with Potter. But it was a bit dim not at least trying Murray for a few games nearer christmas/New year time.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Was chatting to a Palace fan on the train up yesterday and he was saying he would have loved to have got Murray back in the January window

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here