Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] France v England

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Makes me wonder how much the Sarries thing has affected them.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Losing bonus point. Not so bad.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Have the French got a giant SEAGULL on the front of their shirt? Is Mr Bloom expanding his influence..... despite BREXIT.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wales or France for the title,surely ?

Don't rule out the Irish. I've got a big bet on them to win the Six Nations. It was a gutsy win against the Scots, who can now beat anyone on their day. Scotland v England next weekend at Murrayfield could provide another surprise.

Ireland's fixtures are good this year. Wales at home next Saturday is HUGE for them and they'll need to play a lot better.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
On today's performance, I can see Scotland beating us and we will finish just above Italy. Clueless first half and no flair apart from May.Jones must go.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
After the performance against South Africa you'd expect them to come out all guns blazing. After the initial England possession for first 5 minutes it was all France and they deservedly went in 17-0 up.

Came back well in second half but it was too much to ask to overturn that lead.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
On today's performance, I can see Scotland beating us and we will finish just above Italy. Clueless first half and no flair apart from May.Jones must go.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Jones must go ? That's a joke right ? Our last match was a World Cup Final.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Nothing like NSC for a bit of knee-jerk reaction, eh?

England were outstanding in the World Cup apart from the final. Today was just a bad start of the next 4 year cycle.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Which we lost as we had no plan B.
He has now stated that he aims to make England the best team in the world.
Yesterday was like a step back in time,where we huff and puff inside the other teams 22 until we either knock on or concede a penalty. 7 times within 5 metres of their line an nil points!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yesterday was like a step back in time,where we huff and puff inside the other teams 22 until we either knock on or concede a penalty. 7 times within 5 metres of their line an nil points!

The lack of variation in that spell was so frustrating. Not once did they try anything apart from brute force to get over the line.I was screaming (not for a policeman) for someone to take a grip and show some imagination and flair

I am having doubts about Farrell as Captain too. Seems to be a bit of a flat track bully who wilts when things are going against England. We need someone who can motivate the team and lead, he just seems to chip in with his own errors when we are on the back foot. I may be being harsh here, but it’s how I see it. I am a rugby enthusiast not a coach or ex high level player, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thought this was about the French wanting to fish in our waters.

Let the fun begin

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Poor decision-making and worse execution. Without our Polynesian contingent we look rather bereft. Youngs looks past his sell-by, Ford's kicking game was patchy and the skipper offers no creativity at 12. The forwards bossed the scrums but lacked dynamism in the loose. A (very) bad day at the office.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

England had a bad first half. That's it really. Won the second half. The French played a good attritionsl game. Can't win 'em all.

Lost the WCF, but then we weren't supposed to be there anyway. Got there after one of our best ever performances against the All Blacks.

Jones is one of the best coaches on the planet. Got it wrong yesterday. But the Sarries players don't seem at their best. So be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here