Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOTD (1 Feb)

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Just seen the game on MOTD as I was working so didn't see or listen in. I thought that with the Gross goal, if the ball hadn't gone in we may have had a penalty and the 'keeper sent off as he was the last man. That would have made the last 15 mins interesting. Still, well happy with the result and performance.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just seen the game on MOTD as I was working so didn't see or listen in. I thought that with the Gross goal, if the ball hadn't gone in we may have had a penalty and the 'keeper sent off as he was the last man. That would have made the last 15 mins interesting. Still, well happy with the result and performance.

"Last man" doesn't apply, it's denying a goal scoring opportunity.

The automatic sending off has also been relaxed because a "triple penalty" 1) Sending off 2) Penalty plus 3) Ban was seen as excessive.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

The automatic sending off has also been relaxed because a "triple penalty" 1) Sending off 2) Penalty plus 3) Ban was seen as excessive.

Ah, fair do's. That'll teach me for not brushing up on changes in the game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

unless it was considered dangerous play which in this case it wasn't

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We were the third match!

Very complimentary about Murray’s all round game, up against 2 giant CB’s Wrighty thought he had their number with a great show of hold up play.

It was good to hear! They actually said we played well!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Liverpool vs Saints, Kevin Friend - how the hell was Robertson’s back pass to the keeper not deliberate

Saints penalty claim was very valid too, but just check the ref and who the VAR ref was.

Friend is SUCH a big six friendly ref. (He did miss a Liverpool pen too though)

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Was that actually a foul on Antonio by Montoya for the free kick that WHU got their first goal from? Looked like he got the ball to me

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Was that actually a foul on Antonio by Montoya for the free kick that WHU got their first goal from? Looked like he got the ball to me

Didn't think so at the time and don't think so on the replay. It was just one of a number of soft fouls he gave WHU whilst giving us very little. I think he's a very good ref but we didn't get the rub of the green from him at all yesterday.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

Spot on - I was livid at the time but those around me seemed a bit less "outraged". Tosser ref also let them meander in off the touchline and relocate the offence to place a of greater advantage (as he had done with the one a few minutes before which resulted in a terrific save).

As for Moyes "we let in three ridiculous goals" ... you scored from a free-kick given in error and two deflections you sad ****.

Can't they just award goals on XG?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

He did. I was annoyed at the time as well.

Hard enough for Montoya already from a physical perspective, without Antonio being given help.

That said I like Michael Oliver, about the only one I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Norwood very influential for Sheffield United. Great set pieces

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here