Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Alistair the Palace fan.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Driving home tonight listening to R5Live, this chap called Alistair, a Palace fan, came on to berate how crap Sheff Utd are.
I mean this was comedy gold.
It was on about 6.20pm tonight, if you listen again for 606.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Sheffield United are having the luckiest of seasons. Every club seems to reserve their worst performance for when they play them. United fans wear this like some badge of honour, as if its all their own doing, but I reckon there's some truth in it.

Having said that I'm very happy for them

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I’m glad they’re doing well. It’ll be a massive test to continue this next seasons especially if they get into Europe. But they don’t seem to be slowing down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The Athletic reporting Hodgson is resigning

c5b601f1016a1ed29fff0b414a44c4d2.jpg

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Fair play to Sheff.Utd; just goes to show that you don't have to assume the role of newly promoted cannon fodder if you go for it...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sheffield United are having the luckiest of seasons. Every club seems to reserve their worst performance for when they play them. United fans wear this like some badge of honour, as if its all their own doing, but I reckon there's some truth in it.

It’s great cos it’s really, really pissing off MASSIVE Sheffield Wednesday fans.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
What I've found baffling over the past few weeks is the amount of so called 'fans' I've spoken to that thought our home game against Sheffield United should of been a slam dunk 3 points. They hadn't lost an away game all season when we played them......

The utter sense of entitlement & poor knowledge of opposition from our JCL's & glory hunters is quite frankly, embarrassing.

Anyone calling Sheffield United's season lucky needs their head testing. You don't get lucky throughout an entire season in the Premier League. They are a well organised team giving 110% every week & rightly deserve all the plaudits they're recieving.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018

They've lost 1 away game all season in the Premier League if I'm not mistaken. There's absolutely nothing lucky about that stat in February.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What I've found baffling over the past few weeks is the amount so called 'fans' I've spoken to that thought our home game against Sheffield United should of been a slam dunk 3 points. They hadn't lost an away game all season when we played them......

The utter sense of entitlement & poor knowledge of opposition from our JCL's & glory hunters is quite frankly, embarrassing.

Anyone calling Sheffield United's season lucky needs their head testing. You don't get lucky throughout an entire season in the Premier League. They are a well organised team giving 110% every week & rightly deserve all the plaudits they're recieving.

This.

I said that before the match. Albion fans strolled up as if it was a very winnable relegation 6 pointer and we’d take the spoils. Ignoring the table, form, and clearly having never watched any of their games on the box.

At least we accepted they deserved the win. Alastair :ffsparr: simply wouldn’t say anything positive about them.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
This.

I said that before the match. Albion fans strolled up as if it was a very winnable relegation 6 pointer and we’d take the spoils. Ignoring the table, form, and clearly having never watched any of their games on the box.

At least we accepted they deserved the win. Alastair :ffsparr: simply wouldn’t say anything positive about them.
I thought they shut us out better than any team we'd played at home all season. We never had a sniff of goal all afternoon. Tough opponents, well organised & clinical with their chances.

I wasn't surprised we lost that game at all, but many, quite bafflingly were. Guaranteed 3pts apparently to a team 5th in the Premier League at the time. Because well it's.... Sheffield United. Embarrassing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought they shut us out better than any team we'd played at home all season. We never had a sniff of goal all afternoon. Tough opponents, well organised & clinical with their chances.

I wasn't surprised we lost that game at all, but many, quite bafflingly were. Guaranteed 3pts apparently to a team 5th in the Premier League at the time. Because well it's.... Sheffield United. Embarrassing.

Totally agree. Blue tinted arrogance, no knowledge of our opponents.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
They've lost 1 away game all season in the Premier League if I'm not mistaken. There's absolutely nothing lucky about that stat in February.

Maybe. Did you see their winner today?! Did you see west hams disallowed equaliser?! They work hard, well organised and good at negating teams, they have a great manager and talent, no doubt. But I still maintain it is possible to have a lucky season where you catch teams on off days, i don't think it's a coincidence every side they play say it was their worst performance of the season, because maybe it just was...

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I am really pleased for Oliver Norwood he's having an unbelievable season, he was a good player for us but never a great player so when he left I thought that's it now he would become a journeyman footballer always in and around the Championship level never making it to the top table however for Sheffield United he's just gone up several levels a very effective player in a brilliantly hard working together team

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Maybe. Did you see their winner today?! Did you see west hams disallowed equaliser?! They work hard, well organised and good at negating teams, they have a great manager and talent, no doubt. But I still maintain it is possible to have a lucky season where you catch teams on off days, i don't think it's a coincidence every side they play say it was their worst performance of the season, because maybe it just was...
Perhaps there is a correlation with 'worst performance' quotes for a reason. Sheffield United are genuinely good this season. I do think that some teams are lucky though, palace haven't played well in many games but have somehow got a ton of points. United have played very well most times this season and fully deserve their position.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
As I said when we played them, Sheffield United are horrible to play against. They are so organised, it’s really difficult to find any space against them. It’s no coincidence they grind out so many 1-0 wins despite having possibly the worst squad on paper in the division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here