Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter’s Subs Today

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
He got them spot on today and earned his money. Montoya and Mooy off. Schelotto and March on. They dominated the right hand side when they came on. March nearly winning it with his free kick near the end.

Also, we were lucky Antonio could only play 70 minutes. He was having a blinder.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I thought “here we have two players coming on who will not change the game” that’s why I’m not the manager. They gave us width, quality and forward momentum. Huge success.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
The majority of managers would have brought on two strikers. He definitely showed some thoughtfulness and tactical awareness that the average spectator (me included) does not see.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
No disrespect to The Greyhound, he was amazing when he came on, but can you imagine the damage the new lad Lamptey would have caused them if he came on ?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Never bet against the greyhound .
Cos you just never know

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Me and almost everyone around me thought Potter had lost the plot but it did work. Solly was excellent and Schelotto bought pace and width. He’s still incredibly poor at controlling a football though.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Is that partly an anti Solly thing? Some fans seem to slag him off at every opportunity this season.

Well my take on it was:

- Mooy wasn’t playing well but makes things happen
- the Greyhound was shit against Wednesday so why would today be any different
- Solly hasn’t played/played well since the first few weeks of the season
- we’d gone like for like rather than change it
- Our top goalscorer was staying on the bench

I couldn’t see how it was going to change anything, but the injection of pace and directness certainly did

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Well my take on it was:

- Mooy wasn’t playing well but makes things happen
- the Greyhound was shit against Wednesday so why would today be any different
- Solly hasn’t played/played well since the first few weeks of the season
- we’d gone like for like rather than change it
- Our top goalscorer was staying on the bench

I couldn’t see how it was going to change anything, but the injection of pace and directness certainly did
Ha ha exactly my thoughts.....i was doom and gloom and thought GP had lost the plot. That's why we love football though, you never can predict what will happen for sure. Maybe the game to install some confidence. :clap:

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
He got them spot on today and earned his money. Montoya and Mooy off. Schelotto and March on. They dominated the right hand side when they came on. March nearly winning it with his free kick near the end.

Also, we were lucky Antonio could only play 70 minutes. He was having a blinder.
Have to agree. I was absolutely bemused when I saw who was coming on & was shouting obcenities at the TV. He got it absolutely spot on tactically & proves how little the majority of us know about the inner workings of top flight football management.

I bet absolutely nobody on here would of predicted the subs & how it completely changed the game with our domination on right hand side. Massive respect for Potter on this one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I burst out laughing, not because I don't rate those players (although I was surprised) but I just knew what the reaction on here would be. Fair play to GP. Schelotto pushed them back and Solly was strong and direct through the middle. Definitely game changers

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here