Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
HTML:

In my opinion that was a huge result for us today. Could even be a season changing set of results:

1. Came back from two goals for a point, showed real character, something we were accused of lacking
2. Will give the players huge confidence, ahead of some home games we can get points from.
3. Murray starts and scores - Maupay rested for 90 minutes.
4. Will be a huge blow to West Ham’s morale - and they have some very tough games coming up.
5. Watford throw away a two goal lead to lose in injury time - a huge blow to their confidence ahead of playing us.
6. Three goals and a host of chances created. Yes we are weak at the back but as long as we are creating we have chance in games, the goals will come
7. At one point we were in relegation zone but ended up staying 15th and even closing gap on Palace and Burnley to four points.
8. Still only one behind tracker with best goal difference in bottom 6/7
9. Potters subs were bonkers but changed the game.

All in all I’m definitely glass half full tonight. I really wasn’t at half time!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TSB's reappearance on NSC has been very short lived.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wet Sham have still never beaten us in the PL.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Solly March's performance was outstanding coming back into the team, if he can keep this up (and I know we've said this before with Solly) then he could be a key player for the rest of the season.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
There was a massive row where I was over those subs. Young idiot, 17-18 mouthing off at an older guy and his wife. Acting a right bell end. So for that reason alone I was pleased it paid off.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Spence will be able to get on with whatever it is he gets on with when we get a draw or win

*edit* Great minds

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I am wondering if Pearson's impact at watford is ultimately short-lived.. don't know why particularly, but there was a lot of talk about increased discipline etc when he came in.. thats Ok when you win, but when you don't it can wear on players pretty quickly..

el punal

HTML:

In my opinion that was a huge result for us today. Could even be a season changing set of results:

1. Came back from two goals for a point, showed real character, something we were accused of lacking
2. Will give the players huge confidence, ahead of some home games we can get points from.
3. Murray starts and scores - Maupay rested for 90 minutes.
4. Will be a huge blow to West Ham’s morale - and they have some very tough games coming up.
5. Watford throw away a two goal lead to lose in injury time - a huge blow to their confidence ahead of playing us.
6. Three goals and a host of chances created. Yes we are weak at the back but as long as we are creating we have chance in games, the goals will come
7. At one point we were in relegation zone but ended up staying 15th and even closing gap on Palace and Burnley to four points.
8. Still only one behind tracker with best goal difference in bottom 6/7
9. Potters subs were bonkers but changed the game.

All in all I’m definitely glass half full tonight. I really wasn’t at half time!

Sitting at home and watching the BBC live text I thought this was the Bournemouth match all over again 0-2, then 1-3, the only consolation was Watford slipping into the relegation zone after they were 2-0 up. With twenty minutes to go to fight back to 3-3, regardless of the quality, shows tremendous character and fighting spirit. That just might inspire us in the coming months.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
At three one I thought our season was done, two massive deflections, crap ref giving them free kick after free kick, one of which they scored from. Never in the relegation zone since we got to the PL was over.

But then those subs might have changed our season, could have won it in the end we have to build on it next week which is another massive game.

Oh and Glenn Murray, just wow, football eh

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
I’m hoping there’s a quota on how many times a red can officiate a team each season?

It would be a positive if we didn’t see Oliver until after the summer at the earliest. Seems to be all about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I have a suspicion that today's point could be a lot bigger than just a point in terms of morale! at this stage in the season you need to be on an upward spiral not a downward. This point could be the mental game changer.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am wondering if Pearson's impact at watford is ultimately short-lived.. don't know why particularly, but there was a lot of talk about increased discipline etc when he came in.. thats Ok when you win, but when you don't it can wear on players pretty quickly..

We’ll soon find out.

Only one of Pearson or Potter will be lauded this time next week. The other managing a club closer
to relegation.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I have a suspicion that today's point could be a lot bigger than just a point in terms of morale! at this stage in the season you need to be on an upward spiral not a downward. This point could be the mental game changer.

Yes, there’s a possibility that result goes beyond a point tally (of course is all that matters in the grand scheme), but fighting back from 3-1 in the premier league is no easy feat and should be a source of pride and inspiration for the lads.

I just hope Potter can mourn properly among all this though, for his sake more so than our’s.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here