Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How is your Albion MoJo after the close of this Jan 2020 window?

Are we going to stay up?

• Yes comfortably mid table

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Yes but by a gnats genitalia

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • No. Just not going to scrape enough points.

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • No. Dead and buried already.

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
That’s it for another window folks, the double loan deal of Leon Balogun and Jan Mlakar concludes our business.

A frenetic last few hours of business saw the arrival of Tariq Lamptey, the return of Alex Mac Allister, and the loan departures of Balogun and three of Albion’s youngsters.

The January window also saw Albion complete the permanent signing of Aaron Mooy; while Beram Kayal and Jurgen Locadia return from loan spells.

Dan Burn signed a new deal, while Gaetan Bong, Anders Dreyer and James Tilley left for pastures new.

Thoughts?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Humm, added a poll but its opened up a second thread. Mods can you sort it for me pls? ta

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Was really hoping that my prediction of relegation was to be blown out of the water by Bloom during this transfer window. It has done the complete opposite infact. It has strengthened our relegation cause no end.

To be fair my main gripe is with Potter anyway. I don't rate him and he is taking us down regardless.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Absolutely awful window.

Tony Bloom has pretty much half raised the white flag of surrender above the Amex roof by completely failing to land any sort of decent striker back up to Maupay. If he gets injured we will have quite possibly the worst attacking options in premier league history. A 36 year old seeing out his last half season and a 19 year old with 10 games experience of pro football. Even if Maupay stays fit its still shockingly light and probably not enough. We better just pray for some miracle that Alexis is a wonderkid who can instantly take to premier league football.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Positives:

The Chelsea lad looks a player.
The possible central creative partnership of permanent Mooy & return-of-the-Mac Allister could be amazing.
Got rid of some players in Balogun & Bong who were nowhere near the bench.

Negatives:

I’m concerned that Murray is no longer Premier League standard and that we’ve not replaced him.
I can’t see any Striker scoring for us other than Maupay.
With injuries or suspensions to said Frenchman or the other two, we’re ****ed up front.

Let’s hope we keep Big Jürgs.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Absolutely awful window.

Tony Bloom has pretty much half raised the white flag of surrender above the Amex roof by completely failing to land any sort of decent striker back up to Maupay. If he gets injured we will have quite possibly the worst attacking options in premier league history. A 36 year old seeing out his last half season and a 19 year old with 10 games experience of pro football. Even if Maupay stays fit its still shockingly light and probably not enough. We better just pray for some miracle that Alexis is a wonderkid who can instantly take to premier league football.

You call yourself Albion Dan but I wonder. With an address in Peckham it is fairly obvious where your loyalties lie. Can I politely say **** Off?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You call yourself Albion Dan but I wonder. With an address in Peckham it is fairly obvious where your loyalties lie. Can I politely say **** Off?

Don't be a T*T. People do move from Sussex you know. There are thousands of Brighton fans in London. If you think this hasn't been a bad window you are delusional.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Don't be a T*T. People do move from Sussex you know. There are thousands of Brighton fans in London. If you think this hasn't been a bad window you are delusional.

I was suspicious of your negative attitude but probably shouldn’t be really. Apologies for doubting you.
Must admit I was surrounded by moany gits on the East stand at the Goldstone which has coloured my attitude to fellow fans!
As for the window I am not sure what you were expecting to happen.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I was suspicious of your negative attitude but probably shouldn’t be really. Apologies for doubting you.
Must admit I was surrounded by moany gits on the East stand at the Goldstone which has coloured my attitude to fellow fans!
As for the window I am not sure what you were expecting to happen.

I was expecting the club to have a striker lined up after sending all the others out on loan and leaving us with one credible option therefore putting our premier league status and Blooms investment in severe risk.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I was expecting the club to have a striker lined up after sending all the others out on loan and leaving us with one credible option therefore putting our premier league status and Blooms investment in severe risk.

It’s not that easy though, is it. Just because we don’t hear any rumours etc. doesn’t mean nothing is happening. They are so secure that as soon as I hear a rumour I discount it as fake news. They are like the Kremlin IMO.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I can see us hopefully going 4-1-4-1 now we have more attacking options in midfield. Or a weird 3-4-3 and counter attack if we insist of playing narrow, although we would need the pacey front 3.

I swear it's about 12 years where in all 24 windows we've basically said "all we need is one more striker".

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Slightly nervous but pretty much ok, only being brought down by the extreme negativity of some of our 'fans' which has been simmering for weeks and will explode if we get nothing from the next 2 games

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Feeling calmer this morning. Was soooo banking on a striker coming in. When will I learn? :shootself

Still we have what we have and now need to get behind the team and manager and pull off the same as last year, stay up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Okay probably a 6.
Disappointing window, but convinced we’ll be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here