Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liam Bridcutt

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ok as a player not as a person. We saw the best of him

How long you known Liam for? Only met him a few time’s but thought he was sound as **** and I judge everyone the same, don’t give a **** what they do...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think it was Kuiper’s testimonial, I was with my 8 year old son and his friends after the game. He walked past and I called him to see if he would do a photo, autographs etc. He turned round, decided we weren’t worth talking to and walked off.

Sorry, just seen this explanation - very, very surprised at this. You sure he heard?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Sorry, just seen this explanation - very, very surprised at this. You sure he heard?

Not surprised by this at all. In a matchday programs interview he was asked what he HATED most, IN THE WHOLE WORLD. His answer: paying tax. A bell end. I'm glad we're rid.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Didn't they leave a championship team for a premier league one?

yep but that didnt work out so well for them from a footballing point of view. Bridcutt made 30 appearances for sunderland before they shipped him out on loan and now he is in league 1 with Lincoln. Buckley made 22 appearances for sunderland before being shipped out on loan and is now without a contract having been released by league two (as of 20/21) bolton.

I am sure they made a few quid for a couple of years though.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
yep but that didnt work out so well for them from a footballing point of view. Bridcutt made 30 appearances for sunderland before they shipped him out on loan and now he is in league 1 with Lincoln. Buckley made 22 appearances for sunderland before being shipped out on loan and is now without a contract having been released by league two (as of 20/21) bolton.

I am sure they made a few quid for a couple of years though.

If they had been loaned to Leeds both those players would be in the Argentinian football team by now....

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How can that be ? We didn’t know who Ben White was then

That’s right. The mighty Leeds discovered and developed him. Perhaps we were short and they lent him to us for the day.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Maybe 10 years ago (so I was in my mid-40s) was queuing to cross the road outside Lords and stood next to Viv Richards. Took the chance to tell him that I'd loved watching his career and felt privileged to have seen it. He looked at me and just said "grow up". I was with my son. Embarrassed and deflated. He really didn't need to be suck a c@ck.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
To counter this....

A long time ago 11 year old me approached Doug Rougvie, who was out injured, at the Goldstone and asked him to sign my programme.
Embarrassingly for both of us my pen didn’t work.
Rougvie said “hold on a minute” and approached some people nearby and asked if they had a pen. They didn’t, and he asked the next lot.
He came back, signed my programme and then gave the pen pack to the owner.
A minor example of class, but one I haven’t forgotten.

Dougies Eeeeeeevil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here