Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone Else Past Caring About This Transfer Window?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Que sera sera

It's TB's game to lose, he'll either invest in quality or make do with what he's got - and have to live with that decision

TB has a HUMUNGOUS amount to lose if we go down. Whereas the rest of us, who were there before and will be there again, can look forward to the Twickers Twats furking right off again, and shorter queues for the train :wave:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we go down I’ll be gutted for a few weeks, then remember how far we’ve come, how shit many aspects of the prem league are and how I’m excited to be in a proper league again...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I just think it’s really odd that we haven’t brought in anyone at all. Not my money but I am finding it hard to comprehend how the powers that be think we have enough as I am certain relegation is not an option for them.

I am a long way from past caring and I will be there regardless. This season is nowhere near as painful as last season was to me .......so far

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I think we need to remember we are still a locally owned club, and thus Tony’s pockets are limited. We are not a plaything for Sheik Ali Salmon Sandwich, that will discarded at whim when something else more interesting appears, Or all the money disappears in the next Gulf war.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Once Murray was staying I relaxed totally.

Not past caring as such, just mellow.

I'd like Jan Mlakar recalled from his nightmare at QPR, given the massive responsibility of 4th pick striker, and be totally immersed in Poterball training, learning as well off the Great Glenn. But that is a minor wish.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No not yet , I still think we’re poised to spend £100 million tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I was never that bothered about signing players this window, not before, not now, and I am rather surprised at the hand-wringing on here.

We signed some quality players during the summer, added some promising youngsters, haven't been decimated by injuries and the team has by and large been playing well, but not got the points they deserved. There doesn't seem too much wrong with the squad that a slight change of form won't fix.

There's a recency bias in that a couple of our poorer performances of the season have come during the transfer window, but I don't want to panic when we're only just over half way through the season. Although we know that good January transfer window signings might be few and far between, if the right player is there we will sign them, and I'm confident the club isn't sitting on its laurels but is always active.

I know that being confident in our team, management and club isn't a popular opinion on here at the moment, but it's mine, and it is what it is

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No not yet , I still think we’re poised to spend £100 million tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84E03650-7612-4F8E-A6D2-B643EEF9BCB0.gif

Nurse!!!!

Attachments

• B7BC5796-B869-429E-8F54-0B536A1C4F84.jpeg
    B7BC5796-B869-429E-8F54-0B536A1C4F84.jpeg
    14.3 KB · Views: 203

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Never have any hopes for the Jan transfer window, bloody tough window to bring anyone decent in anyway, so... :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
double post

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If we went down, then yes, I would be bothered by about 20 minutes, but would look forward to more games and more “ winnable” games.

We would lose a few players but hey, they haven’t set the premier alight so we will be fine.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we go down I’ll be gutted for a few weeks, then remember how far we’ve come, how shit many aspects of the prem league are and how I’m excited to be in a proper league again...

Good post. I’d be over it very quickly.

This time around, I wouldn’t be so concerned about promotion. Instead, just hoping for a competitive first team, who score goals and win a whole load of Amex matches. To my mind, football is about scoring goals and winning games.

The PL razamataz of the match-ball on a special plinth, arrogant look at me refs, the hype to every match days before, is all bollocks.

The PL is becoming ever more about immensely wealthy owners, pumping in sums beyond all belief - Mansour £1.3B, Abramovich £1.2m, Moshiri (Everton) £350m to subsidise their £500m squad, and now Newcastle and Sheff Utd it appears have Arab multi billionaires behind them (NUFC pending).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The reality of being a small club in the Premier League is that we will struggle to attract good players and also we will nearly always be scrapping in the lower half of the table unless serious money is spent and that doesn't always work either.

We are playing better more attractive football however the results are not improving yet, which suggests, given players shipped out we are very much in transition. We have lacked a decent striker since the start of last season and it is really hurting us badly.

Tricky situation we have and the club have very little time left to resolve this, otherwise we have to hope once again there will be three teams worse than us.

Be careful what you wish for, Stoke fans demanded a change to their style of play and now look less than average in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here