Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Living in Uckfield?

Home and Away

Sep 18, 2018
Anybody here from Uckfield?

I'm thinking about moving to Uckfield. What is like to live there? Any preferred areas? Any areas to avoid? Nice pubs, restaurants, etc?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Live close and moving closer. Highlands is good for football (fair few Albion too) etc and the station (formerly cock and bull) is nice enough. High street halls better shops than it used to and a cinema / pool near by. Like the town myself. Carnival was a great community event recently.

One down side, there is a group of eight little gob shites who hang around in the evening and have caused a bit of trouble last few years. Nothing to worry about but not great when young kids see them acting anti socially and swearing etc. Knobs.

But yeh, I think it has a lot to offer personally compared to other small towns in Sussex.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Anybody here from Uckfield?

I'm thinking about moving to Uckfield. What is like to live there? Any preferred areas? Any areas to avoid? Nice pubs, restaurants, etc?

I'm working on the new Uckfield College building at the moment, not a great deal in the way of pubs, but can recommend Cafe 212, not very helpful I know.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rag n' Bone Man.

Lives somewhere else now but is indeed an Uckfield lad. Although the press go with Brighton a lot... and is an Albion fan - we had a box at Xmas for Sheff Utd game which was fun.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Uckfield’s expanding rapidly, with the huge housing development at Ridgewood on the south side, taking shape. Should add viability to the high street businesses.

The huge secondary school gets good reviews from Ofsted.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

:lolol:
Always puts a smile on my face when I visit the town, I guess sales of black marker pens went down when the new signs went up.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I lived Uckfield for a few years it's ok, but it's changing for the worse. I moved to Newhaven and prefer it, not much going on but less busy and much quiter these days in Newhaven I heard there are a lot house building soon in Uckfield which might make worse as well.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Lives somewhere else now but is indeed an Uckfield lad. Although the press go with Brighton a lot... and is an Albion fan - we had a box at Xmas for Sheff Utd game which was fun.

He lives in Heathfield or just outside.
Ages ago I posted a thread about the time I was visiting my brother in Heathfield but went to Uckfield to fill up with cheap petrol, for such a short journey I had 3 lots of road rage after cars pulling right out in front of me or right up close behind.
Normal for Uckfield says my brother, it's changed, there are a lot of idiots that live there.
I thought it was horrible and boring anyway.
See also Hailsham.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I know this doesn’t help much but I grew up near to Ringles Cross pub and Coopers Green. Happy days. :smile::smile:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He lives in Heathfield or just outside.
Ages ago I posted a thread about the time I was visiting my brother in Heathfield but went to Uckfield to fill up with cheap petrol, for such a short journey I had 3 lots of road rage after cars pulling right out in front of me or right up close behind.
Normal for Uckfield says my brother, it's changed, there are a lot of idiots that live there.
I thought it was horrible and boring anyway.
See also Hailsham.

Just outside yeh. Hailsham is a lot tougher than Uckfield but has got better. Asda in Eastbourne is the place to go if you want to see these kinds of people - it’s horrendous! I think you had a bad experience of Uck - Heathfield is ok but has nothing in it!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know this doesn’t help much but I grew up near to Ringles Cross pub and Coopers Green. Happy days. :smile::smile:

Ringles was our football pub when I played for Fletching - few decent nights in there!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ringles was our football pub when I played for Fletching - few decent nights in there!

The Ringles was my pub back when I first started going to the pub with mates. Had some great nights in there.

If we were feeling poncy or trying to impress a laydee we would go to The Chalk and Cheese :facepalm: a wine bar at the top of the High Street. Ye Old Maidens Head and the Prince Regent (called something different now but down by the station) were avoided at all costs unless you fancied a trip to District General Hospital, Eastbourne. The Prince Regent was okay in you lived along Framfield Road but outsiders really not welcome. In later years I had mates in Ridgewood, so the Brickies became a regular haunt.

Didn't know you played for Fletching? Always one of my favourite villages up on the weald :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Ringles was my pub back when I first started going to the pub with mates. Had some great nights in there.

If we were feeling poncy or trying to impress a laydee we would go to The Chalk and Cheese :facepalm: a wine bar at the top of the High Street. Ye Old Maidens Head and the Prince Regent (called something different now but down by the station) were avoided at all costs unless you fancied a trip to District General Hospital, Eastbourne. The Prince Regent was okay in you lived along Framfield Road but outsiders really not welcome. In later years I had mates in Ridgewood, so the Brickies became a regular haunt.

Didn't know you played for Fletching? Always one of my favourite villages up on the weald :thumbsup:

Yes did a few years there and still play on the golf days. Cracking times, mainly Uckfield and Heathfield lads and found the Mid Sussex league lovely compared to the East Sussex where you’d go to Hastings every other week and it would often end in threats and handbags :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
On of my godsons burned down around £5 million pounds worth of the high street, if that helps?

Sorry.

Friend of mine managed that charity shop. Wasn’t good times!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here