Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davie Selke

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
6ft 4, Hertha BSC striker. Reports in Germany we are preparing to table a bid.

Davie Selke has received two offers from Premier League clubs
Hertha Berlin forward Davie Selke has tonight received two offers from Premier League clubs as we enter the final hours of the January transfer window.

Kicker have named Brighton and Hove Albion as one of the clubs interested in signing the 25-year-old, who has flirted with the idea of playing in the Premier League.

“I like football in the Premier League. I think that my style of play would also fit well there,” Selke told Kicker in 2018.

The imminent arrival of Krzysztof Piątek is a likely catalyst for the departure of Selke.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not all about scoring but his record isn’t good although he has done well on assists. Not first choice over last few years so wouldn’t be bowled over but I’m purely going on history. At least we’re linked with a striker...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This looks a really interesting signing if we can get him.

There must be a reason why his scoring record has nosedived. Potter will have to identify that and put it right.

Klinsmann has kept picking him, and he must know about strikers !

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
6ft 4, Hertha BSC striker. Reports in Germany we are preparing to table a bid.

Davie Selke has received two offers from Premier League clubs
Hertha Berlin forward Davie Selke has tonight received two offers from Premier League clubs as we enter the final hours of the January transfer window.

Kicker have named Brighton and Hove Albion as one of the clubs interested in signing the 25-year-old, who has flirted with the idea of playing in the Premier League.

“I like football in the Premier League. I think that my style of play would also fit well there,” Selke told Kicker in 2018.

The imminent arrival of Krzysztof Piątek is a likely catalyst for the departure of Selke.

Can't we hijack the Piatek bid?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
9 goals in 15 for Germany U21's.

Can't be bad.

Solanke got 9 in 18 for our u21s...

Still, a big guy to play with our little fellas might not be a bad idea. Some games we've lacked presence up front and Potter obviously doesn't see Murray as a credible option anymore. I think we've missed Glenn defensively too, when dealing with set pieces, I mean.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
He was very good a few years ago, not sure what's happened since. Still only 25, worth a punt i reckon.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
First of all, cracking suit [emoji106]

This looks like a Potter signing alright. Good striker who’s lost his way, and big lad, possibly a similar style to that Mcburnie who did so well in GPs Swansea side.

If the price is reasonable I see this being a good solid transfer. Always a slight risk, but one worth taking a punt on.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This looks a really interesting signing if we can get him.

There must be a reason why his scoring record has nosedived. Potter will have to identify that and put it right.

Klinsmann has kept picking him, and he must know about strikers !

You could be right. Emile Heskey was never prolific but teams he was in were better balanced and did better because he was in.

Goals he's scored alone shouldn't be the only benchmark,if it helps Maupay then bingo.

Hes done ok previously and hopefully just needs something to kick-start him again......

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Solanke got 9 in 18 for our u21s...

Still, a big guy to play with our little fellas might not be a bad idea. Some games we've lacked presence up front and Potter obviously doesn't see Murray as a credible option anymore. I think we've missed Glenn defensively too, when dealing with set pieces, I mean.

This was him at the age of 20/21.

IMO he looks much better than Solanke based on this video

Like Murray, it could be he just needs to join a club where he finds his confidence being the confidence striker he looks. Maybe Hertha BSC just hasn't been the right club for him?

I've got a good feeling about this bloke. Seems to have that ability of being in the right place at the right time. Something we never saw from Big Jurg.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Better than nobody?

Any forward we get from abroad will be a risk. Just signing a forward would give us all a lift too. I guess it would mean GM would be on his way though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here