Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
We already have a small, baby-faced, 19 year old right back in Romaric Yapi. Do we need another one?

DdvetaRV4AE8vax.jpg

(this is quite an old photo, and he looks somewhat more grown up now, but I like to think of him like this)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This is the sort of player you should look at in a Summer Transfer Window.

When you are on the fringes of a relegation battle. That's not the time to try and incorporate a young 20 year old with limited first team experience at PL level into the starting line up that is making so many mistakes defensively.

Everyone assumes that every youngster at Chelsea is a World Beater in Waiting.

Has anyone ever seen him ?

Do you know Chris Hughton by any chance?!

The older, tried and tested players didn’t do much good in our relegation battle at the end of last season so why shouldn’t a talented youngster playing without fear do any better?

The emergence of Alzate has been the highlight of this season so far for me so I’m all for it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This is the sort of player you should look at in a Summer Transfer Window.

When you are on the fringes of a relegation battle. That's not the time to try and incorporate a young 20 year old with limited first team experience at PL level into the starting line up that is making so many mistakes defensively.

Everyone assumes that every youngster at Chelsea is a World Beater in Waiting.

Has anyone ever seen him ?

I've seen him play a handful of times. Obviously a cracking prospect. Whilst I agree with you re buying young players at this time to go straight in your side is not ideal.

Sometimes if the right player becomes available at the right price you have to go for it, If we don't someone else will and the chance has gone.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sign him up, and let Alzate play as attacking midfield not right back.

Could be the only player we bring in.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Do you know Chris Hughton by any chance?!

The older, tried and tested players didn’t do much good in our relegation battle at the end of last season so why shouldn’t a talented youngster playing without fear do any better?

The emergence of Alzate has been the highlight of this season so far for me so I’m all for it.

Because the kids don't necessarily come in and play without fear. They are often nervous and make errors. Try reading some of the posts of some people from this website when Fikayo Tomori played his first game on loan in the Promotion season.

Alzate I agree with you but he played at the start of the season. Lose at West Ham at the weekend and potentially the bottom 3 beckons and I wouldn't want to be relying on a youngster to play in a new team meeting new players for the first time in the coming weeks over Martin Montoya.

As a footnote I don't think they will lose to West Ham but it is a possibility

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Premier League more or less Guaranteed next season/ Top half Ligue 1 side or relegation scrap and Championship football....

I think I know the two main choices there that will swing it for a young ambitious footballer.

We also lose out in the super market proximity to ground argument

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Sounds like we got him

"BRIGHTON have won the race to sign Chelsea academy prospect Tariq Lamptey.

The 19-year-old has snubbed the offer of a new deal at Stamford Bridge and the Seagulls have agreed an undisclosed fee with the Blues.

Lamptey had been in talks with Lille over signing a pre-contract agreement to move to France when his contract with Chelsea ran out at the end of this season.

But Brighton boss Graham Potter moved quickly to persuade the defender his best option would be to make the switch to the Amex.

Lamptey made a huge impression in his first team debut for Chelsea in the win at Arsenal and boss Frank Lampard was keen to keep him in his squad."

MORE >>> https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10858297/tariq-lamptey-brighton-chelsea-transfer/

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We already have a small, baby-faced, 19 year old right back in Romaric Yapi. Do we need another one?

DdvetaRV4AE8vax.jpg

(this is quite an old photo, and he looks somewhat more grown up now, but I like to think of him like this)

d84278bd8272c5798781934896311eee.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here