Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I have to pinch myself to believe that this kid is actually playing for us. He astounds me every game, can’t think of many better full backs/wing backs, ever. And I’m not exagerating. Have to make the most of watching him, desperately hope we get to see him in the flesh.

Every single game he plays I hear neutrals absolutely eulogising about him.

When he eventually goes to a Barca, Bayern, Man City etc, how much do we think he’ll go for? Will pay back the cost of the stadium for sure.

He's phenomenal :clap2:

Genuinely unplayable at times.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have to pinch myself to believe that this kid is actually playing for us. He astounds me every game, can’t think of many better full backs/wing backs, ever. And I’m not exagerating. Have to make the most of watching him, desperately hope we get to see him in the flesh.

Every single game he plays I hear neutrals absolutely eulogising about him.

When he eventually goes to a Barca, Bayern, Man City etc, how much do we think he’ll go for? Will pay back the cost of the stadium for sure.

Happy camper that I am I'm convinced we'll never see him play live.

:down: :cry: :tantrum:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And to think you set quiz questions but believe that Billy Bremner played in the Premier League :lolol:

I don't recognise the Premier League as being anything other than Division One.

I only use the term because I am FORCED to.

Jimmy Grimble

Someone convince me he deserved to get sent off.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I would be amazed if Tariq isn't with us for at the very least this and next season. My guess would be longer than that.

My logic being....

We have no incentive to sell.
We haven't sold a first team player since being in the Premier League
He came to us from a "big club" for game time. Saying to me, he won't want to wait behind TAA or someone for years
Foreign big clubs are less insulated from the financial effects of the pandemic than PL clubs

I hope we are in talks with him about improving his contract

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I would be amazed if Tariq isn't with us for at the very least this and next season. My guess would be longer than that.

My logic being....

We have no incentive to sell.
We haven't sold a first team player since being in the Premier League
He came to us from a "big club" for game time. Saying to me, he won't want to wait behind TAA or someone for years
Foreign big clubs are less insulated from the financial effects of the pandemic than PL clubs

I hope we are in talks with him about improving his contract

I think you’re under-estimating how good he is.

We’ve not sold a first time player yet because we’ve not had one anywhere near this good. We’re not going to be able to turn down the bids we’re going to get for him and players don’t turn down Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG, Man City etc which is the level he is going to.

He won’t be behind anyone either, which ever of those massive club’s he goes to, he will be first choice.

Yes we should be improving his contract but I have no doubt it will have a massive release clause for Champions League clubs.

Should be here for the rest of this season but I’ll be surprised if he’s here beyond that.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

We’ve not sold a first time player yet because we’ve not had one anywhere near this good. We’re not going to be able to turn down the bids we’re going to get for him and players don’t turn down Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG, Man City etc which is the level he is going to.

He won’t be behind anyone either, which ever of those massive club’s he goes to, he will be first choice.

Yes we should be improving his contract but I have no doubt it will have a massive release clause for Champions League clubs.

Should be here for the rest of this season but I’ll be surprised if he’s here beyond that.

Not underestimating his ability. I don't think even the clubs you've mentioned are going to be paying the money we would want for him. Normally they would be able do comfortably, less so at the moment.

Very happy to do a charity bet on this one if you'd like. Call it "Still here 1st Feb 2022?"

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

This. Our previous/other 'good' players e.g. Dunk have somewhat gone under the radar. While we all know how great Lewis is, there's not a huge amount of talk about him from other clubs' fans or the media, even if there has been interest from higher clubs.

But Tariq is everywhere, the media love him. Other clubs' fans rave about him. Any transfer interest will be highly publicised and I'd be amazed if we keep him beyond next summer, and it wouldn't surprise me if we struggle to keep him in January.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here