Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If Lamptey is off, we could do worse than look at Walker-Peters. I suspect Southampton will have to have a bit of a clear out, and he won't be on massive wages down there
Oh l think we have other, potentially less expensive irons in the fire when it comes to right back replacements.

Very rare we look to sign established Premier League players anyway, certainly if they cost serious money.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Lacks the technical ability required by RDZ and seems to me the main differentiator with Estupinan.
Wouldn’t call it a fire sale, we’ve sold one world class player with potentially a second one going. And shifting players the manager clearly doesn’t fancy into his style of play.

Meanwhile up the road they’ve just given Nathaniel Clyne a contact extension lol
Compared to Estupinan he lacks the technical ability required by RDZ. That’s the main differentiator. I don’t think either are particularly strong defensively but the way Estupinan contributes to build up play and his forward positioning is on another level.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Another much loved player. Whether he goes or stays, hope he can keep himself fit.
That's how I feel. I think maybe just because RDZ has a very particular way of playing he's better off leaving, but I really hope he can get fit and become the player we all know he can.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Wouldn’t call it a fire sale, we’ve sold one world class player with potentially a second one going. And shifting players the manager clearly doesn’t fancy into his style of play.

Meanwhile up the road they’ve just given Nathaniel Clyne a contact extension lol
has to be done. better for him to play than get frustrated if he's not prefered.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I'm concerned he'll never get back to where he was. I think he should stay here, let our physios rebuild him and hopefully he'll be physically capable of playing a role this season. We're going to need all hands on deck and he offers something very different at right back.

I absolutely think we should be looking at Walker-Peters at Southampton though, he's an excellent player who can cover left back as well and I think he'd fit us perfectly and not be a player likely to be poached.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Suggestion that Sporting may look elsewhere, as we want 15m Euros for Lamptey, which they feel is too much...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Suggestion that Sporting may look elsewhere, as we want 15m Euros for Lamptey, which they feel is too much...

I take it they not basing their recruitment on this particular showreel where he looks like a €40m+ player:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sell Tariq before August and I'm going to write to my MP and the BBC and Barberout, demanding a public inquiry,he's not really had a chance since RDZ came in he's either been injured or not quite fit to start games,let's see what a pre season under RDZ does for Tariq,If back to full pre injury fitness it would be mental to sell him. RDZ taught The Wheel of Steele how to play football in 2 months FFS,so anything is possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here