Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yep. So excited to see him back in action and hopefully in the flesh.

I don't think it's been fully appreciated quite how much of a loss he and March have been to us and the way we play this season. Even greater credit to Potter for the job he's done this season. For me it's our equivalent of Liverpool losing VVD and Gomez which we've had to hear so much about this season.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Breaking news on sky sports , Spurs are interested in tariq , will be a fun summer.

Mmm not sure he would leave. He needs to get back up to speed before warming the bench of a euro league team. I know I have said of other Brighton staff attracting interest from big clubs would be mad not to move up but feel its different for Tariq, he needs to catch up where he was before he was injured. I'm not sure that possible at a bigger club.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Mmm not sure he would leave. He needs to get back up to speed before warming the bench of a euro league team. I know I have said of other Brighton staff attracting interest from big clubs would be mad not to move up but feel its different for Tariq, he needs to catch up where he was before he was injured. I'm not sure that possible at a bigger club.

Well he couldn't lower himself any further....
Chelsea, Albion and Spuds "D

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
He left Chelsea because he's sensible and knew he would stand more chance of playing regularly for us. I doubt he would take the backwards step of bench warming at spurs.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He left Chelsea because he's sensible and knew he would stand more chance of playing regularly for us. I doubt he would take the backwards step of bench warming at spurs.

Correct.. very sensible kid and family.

I think he’ll be here next season.

If he has a good year it’s going to be very hard to keep him though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not another one.

Can we not sell the whole squad this summer please ?

No doubt Sanchez to go as well will be the next piece of joy we are subjected to.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Not even the Europa League, the Conference League.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

If he went to Spurs, it would be because he would be their first choice right back. He would not be warming the bench.

I agree that he would be sensible not to go there, though. I mean, have they even got a manager yet?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not another one.

Can we not sell the whole squad this summer please ?

No doubt Sanchez to go as well will be the next piece of joy we are subjected to.

If we could somehow figure out a way to become a big club, or do a Leicester City, all this could potentially be avoided. Until then the vultures will just circle and circle.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
90m + Harry Kane and paying his wages.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we could somehow figure out a way to become a big club, or do a Leicester City, all this could potentially be avoided. Until then the vultures will just circle and circle.

The way to become a big(ger) club or be like Leicester is by selling the likes of White and Bissouma - when the time and the price is right. That's the sustainability and development plan after all. Leicester sold Kante and Maguire to get where they are today.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
The way to become a big(ger) club or be like Leicester is by selling the likes of White and Bissouma - when the time and the price is right. That's the sustainability and development plan after all. Leicester sold Kante and Maguire to get where they are today.
The key being strengthening the squad all the time from the cash from the player sales...They have been superb at this!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The key being strengthening the squad all the time from the cash from the player sales...They have been superb at this!

The key is not splashing the cash as soon as you get it! First priority is to promote from within, and only buy when necessary (and make sure you spend less than you rake in from sales).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here