Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have an irrational dislike for Cantwell so this was an enormously pleasing moment. I think it's his wafty hair and propensity for diving that grinds my gears. He's like a poor man's Grealish. Was delighted to see him sat on the pitch for ten minutes at the end today, looking sad. Great man-management from Farke: letting three of his players sulk outside after a crushingly disappointing defeat, rather than getting them all together and trying to build some confidence.

Bobkin Jnr has exactly the same, I realised watching the game with him!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Why?

He chose the Albion.
The Albion have been true to their word and played him.
The club have stated ambitions of top 10.
He has no competition within the squad.
The club loves a contract extension.
Mr Bloom doesn't sell assets.

We do sell when the price is right... A certain Argentinian was lost to an offer that was just too good to refuse.

At the rate he is going I can see Tariq attracting interest (with an appropriate price tag) that we will let him go to bigger and better things (home or abroad).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
3 games in and we’re already talking about selling Tariq. Good effort

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Tony might want a top 10 club, but he's gonna have to take a lot of fourth division fans with him

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We do sell when the price is right... A certain Argentinian was lost to an offer that was just too good to refuse.

At the rate he is going I can see Tariq attracting interest (with an appropriate price tag) that we will let him go to bigger and better things (home or abroad).

It is a very different situation now. We had just missed out on promotion again and Ulloa deserved his Premier League chance.

We've not sold another player that we don't want to sell since that. Eventually we will inevitably get an offer we can't refuse or where a player really wants to leave (even Manchester United have that situation occasionally e.g. Cristiano Ronaldo) but you can guarantee it will take a massive offer to tempt us.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

And he's being touted for England.

Let's rein in those expectations people for goodness sake, he's only played 3 games AND he's only 12 years old.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And he's being touted for England.

Let's rein in those expectations people for goodness sake, he's only played 3 games AND he's only 12 years old.

11 years and 9 months actually, believe it or not.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yup. Truly bizarre right back situation. Southgate going to have to do a Potter and start with two of them.

As much as I love Lamptey, TAA is just a stunning player. Many have stated that he will be playing central midfield in due course, and that's not beyond the realm of possibility.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As much as I love Lamptey, TAA is just a stunning player. Many have stated that he will be playing central midfield in due course, and that's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Hope so, as defensively he's not that great.

More importantly, have Leeds decided they're going to sign Lamptey yet?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It is a very different situation now. We had just missed out on promotion again and Ulloa deserved his Premier League chance.

We've not sold another player that we don't want to sell since that. Eventually we will inevitably get an offer we can't refuse or where a player really wants to leave (even Manchester United have that situation occasionally e.g. Cristiano Ronaldo) but you can guarantee it will take a massive offer to tempt us.

The other thing that's different now is there's a £100m difference between staying up and going down. There's no motivation for lower mid table clubs to sell anyone. Why would they?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How good is Lamptey?

Well Liverpool shit themselves every time he gets the ball.

That good.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

TAA’s crossing is stunning. Wan-Bissaka too, his game is built on wingers can’t beat him. Three different types of fullback.

1-3 - cue NSC hatred of Salah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here