rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
genuine star, pace, skills, top draw person, all @ 19

what's the weakest part of his game?

i hate him

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He's young, and he's probably not used to media duties so I'm not gonna judge him to harshly, but I think I would pair him with AJ to work on his media skills.

Disgraceful comment.

Lamptey came off fantastic in that interview. Heā€™s 19. A kid, not a media presenter yet.

Was humble, professional, spoke well of our manager and team and a fantastic rep for our club as far as Iā€™m concerned.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Iā€™ve felt since the end of last season heā€™s too good to play wing back in some ways. I can see him moving up to a Sterling type role.

In fact a certain Gareth Bale started his career as a wing back.

At the moment Tariq is looking like a potential world class young talent. Lots can change, but I canā€™t remember being this excited about the raw potential of one of our players.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Disgraceful comment.

Lamptey came off fantastic in that interview. Heā€™s 19. A kid, not a media presenter yet.

Was humble, professional, spoke well of our manager and team and a fantastic rep for our club as far as Iā€™m concerned.

Leave the kid alone! He's a youngster, you can't expect a polished performance. Geez.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Disgraceful comment.

Also came across with a bit of exuberance and enthusiasm as opposed to the normal football by-the-book monotone answers. Can't see why anyone would try to find criticism with that interview!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Could be the most important signing we've made in years. Not only is he an excellent footballer but he's a massive example to every other young player that they shouldn't sit around at a Top 6 Prem club twiddling their thumbs, hoping they'll get a start eventually - They should come here, sign for us and be part of the Potter revolution.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What a player we have there !!!

It's must be the sea air in Worthing..........Lives on sea front.

When knocking on his front door you can imagine him being asked if his parents are about.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Canā€™t wait to watch Zahahahaha fall over against him...He will change our season and has already provided that outlet that we didnā€™t have before. Love watching him and what a humble youngster with it.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patreon
Aug 24, 2020
Iā€™ve felt since the end of last season heā€™s too good to play wing back in some ways. I can see him moving up to a Sterling type role.

I'm glad someone else has raised this. It's been on my mind for a while. Could his pace cause more damage to the opposition, if he were a bit higher up the pitch? As it is, he tore Newcastle's left side to shreds. Further, he can win us a lot of pens - he got one today. Because of his pace, other teams would have to put two defenders on him, leaving gaps for our other strikers.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Played my final game of Cricket for the Summer (out third ball thanks to a 15 year old quick bowler, first up hit me on the thigh, then smacked my thumb and finally removed my off bail :lolol:).

Anyway enough of my cricketing travails, I was asked to make up the numbers by a mate of mine who is a huge Chelsea fan but also follows the Seagulls. He is of the opinion Chelsea have made a huge mistake in letting Lamptey go and that, as has been mentioned already on this thread, he has the potential to play pretty well anywhere.

Certainly looking forward to him meeting up with Wilf later on this season. :thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Played my final game of Cricket for the Summer (out third ball thanks to a 15 year old quick bowler, first up hit me on the thigh, then smacked my thumb and finally removed my off bail :lolol:).

Anyway enough of my cricketing travails, I was asked to make up the numbers by a mate of mine who is a huge Chelsea fan but also follows the Seagulls. He is of the opinion Chelsea have made a huge mistake in letting Lamptey go and that, as has been mentioned already on this thread, he has the potential to play pretty well anywhere.

Certainly looking forward to him meeting up with Wilf later on this season. :thumbsup:

All these Chelsea fans who are so wise after the event. Starting to grate. Just tell em to offski.

They wouldnā€™t recognise TL if he was standing in Red Square with a bottle of Smirnoff on his head.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

Cut out the 'look at me' shit and keep it to football please jk. Cheers.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
All these Chelsea fans who are so wise after the event. Starting to grate. Just tell em to offski.

They wouldnā€™t recognise TL if he was standing in Red Square with a bottle of Smirnoff on his head.

Probably not representative of the entire Chelsea fan base, but immediately after weā€™d signed Lamptey, I asked a friend of a friend whoā€™s a Chelsea supporter what he thought about him. He was like ā€œnah, heā€™s alright, half decent youngsterā€. Didnā€™t seem bothered at all theyā€™d let him go.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here