Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The exposure Tariq is getting is amazing, thankfully he seems completely grounded. He must be one of the most talked about English footballers at the moment.

Did you hear Martin Keown talking about Lamptey on TS just after 10 this morning? They were talking about something else entirely, but MK wanted to talk about Lamptey.

Said he couldn't remember a more accomplished 45 minutes (at Newcastle), by any PL player, ever!

How Bruce had put the pacey duo of Lewis and Saint-Maximin on that wing to close out his game, but he destroyed them both.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I know that we all know this, and I may have missed some comments somewhere in this thread, but I haven't seen much discussion on his wonderful attitude to be constantly fouled.

He is so fast that he seems to be hacked down several times per game. Each time he just gets up and gets on with playing. No histrionics, no snarling face, no wide eyes, no retaliation.

This is refreshing and one ( of many ) of his wonderful traits.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did you hear Martin Keown talking about Lamptey on TS just after 10 this morning? They were talking about something else entirely, but MK wanted to talk about Lamptey.

Said he couldn't remember a more accomplished 45 minutes (at Newcastle), by any PL player, ever!

How Bruce had put the pacey duo of Lewis and Saint-Maximin on that wing to close out his game, but he destroyed them both.

Yep, heard that exchange. With that sycophantic arse-licking scotch dildo Jim Shite initially referring to him as Tariq Lampey (and quickly being corrected by Keown). He must inwardly roll his eyes every time he has to share a studio with that tartan weapons-grade BUFFOON.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Yes that’s exactly what made me say it. He was the very first thing they discussed on Jim White’s show, along with Garth Crooks putting him in the team of the week twice in a row, Murphy and Shearer talking him up on Match of the Day and just about every other PL forum’s fans saying they want to sign him,

It’s been an extraordinary couple of weeks for Lamptey but he seems so unfazed by it all. It’s brilliant.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes that’s exactly what made me say it. He was the very first thing they discussed on Jim White’s show, along with Garth Crooks putting him in the team of the week twice in a row, Murphy and Shearer talking him up on Match of the Day and just about every other PL forum’s fans saying they want to sign him,

It’s been an extraordinary couple of weeks for Lamptey but he seems so unfazed by it all. It’s brilliant.

Unless this is a flash in a pan, that has happened, I really can see Lamptey being a CL player.

Based not just on his skillset and pace, but with a modest persona and he appears to simply love playing. So much so that he doesn't 'fall to ground' any more, in a PL of cheats.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Another thing that was very impressive from young Tariq was his battling in the air.

I remember at least one occasion where he beat 5ft10” Jamal Lewis in an aerial duel.

He leaps like a Salmon!

Or in the famous words of Lamptey-lookalike Leon Knight;

"He's only 5'6, but he can leap like a fish"

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Or in the famous words of Lamptey-lookalike Leon Knight;

"He's only 5'6, but he can leap like a fish"

Please let that be the last time Tariq is mentioned in the same sentence as that despicable scumbag. On current evidence, they are polar opposites as human beings.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I know that we all know this, and I may have missed some comments somewhere in this thread, but I haven't seen much discussion on his wonderful attitude to be constantly fouled.

He is so fast that he seems to be hacked down several times per game. Each time he just gets up and gets on with playing. No histrionics, no snarling face, no wide eyes, no retaliation.

This is refreshing and one ( of many ) of his wonderful traits.

I reckon he will take the mantle of most fouled against player in the PL if he stays fit. He will also win a few penalties with his pace

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Guardian preview says he's carrying a groin strain, and is a doubtful starter Saturday. Any word on that? First I've heard, but haven't been keeping up today. Blow if true.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Couldn’t help but notice these posts on the first few pages lads [emoji38]
I for one am AMAZED that portlock got something wrong about football. Or life in general. Genuinely shocking.[/QUOTE]

What did he say? I have him...on...you know. Ahem.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Lets hope he is fit to create havoc against Utd. Certainly if I was opposition manager I would try and attack down the left so he would be too occupied to attack so much

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lets hope he is fit to create havoc against Utd. Certainly if I was opposition manager I would try and attack down the left so he would be too occupied to attack so much

And if I was Potter, I’d be mastering training plans involving White hitting cross field diagonals to an advanced March.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What did he say? I have him...on...you know. Ahem.

"Nope. Way too short to make it long term as defender in PL. Compensated by pace currently but won’t last and will pull constant hamstrings and be in ‘development squad’ with the other missing persons (why hasn’t someone called the Police yet?) if he moves to ‘the Brighton triangle’. Come on people, you should know the score by now? That and it’s just not going to happen anyway!"

As usual, wrong on every level. Must be strange living in an alternate reality.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
"Nope. Way too short to make it long term as defender in PL. Compensated by pace currently but won’t last and will pull constant hamstrings and be in ‘development squad’ with the other missing persons (why hasn’t someone called the Police yet?) if he moves to ‘the Brighton triangle’. Come on people, you should know the score by now? That and it’s just not going to happen anyway!"

You forgot that he was only signed to make Ryan feel taller

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The exposure Tariq is getting is amazing, thankfully he seems completely grounded. He must be one of the most talked about English footballers at the moment.

He’s featured on Football Focus today, but we’ll have to watch it on IPlayer as it’s the same time as the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here