Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The first clip is the most impressive, he has been smashed into, yet stays on his feet and keeps running. That's how you stay on your feet at pace Wilf

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
For such a small guy he isn't afraid of putting himself about. Looks very promising so far.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
3 million quid and that includes the add ons, Which I would imagine we will have to pay.

3 million quid.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
A few clips from today. Absolutely love this kid. He's surprisingly strong for such a small fella.

LAMPTEY1.gif

LAMPTEY2.gif

LAMPTEY3.gif

LAMPTEY4.gif

LAMPTEY5.gif

I literally cheered when that first clip happened (may have said as much in the match thread). Love how other players under estimate his strength and he puts the Norwich player to the floor.

Just a terrific, exciting talent, who we somehow have at his breakout age with his best years ahead of him.

Lamptey is top 4 quality. And if he maintains this level he will be called up by England. It’s as simple as that.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Loads of Chelsea fans on Twitter basically FURIOUS that they’ve let him go. Outstanding piece of business by the club. All reports/comments indicate he’s a really nice lad too.

So many fans of clubs interested and Chelsea fans asking why did they sell and thinking they will be able to get him cheap :banana: yea we arent that club anymore.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I literally cheered when that first clip happened (may have said as much in the match thread). Love how other players under estimate his strength and he puts the Norwich player to the floor.

Just a terrific, exciting talent, who we somehow have at his breakout age with his best years ahead of him.

Lamptey is top 4 quality. And if he maintains this level he will be called up by England. It’s as simple as that.
After seeing the first and second ones that is why i said in the match thread they cant handle Lamptey.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
His first touch in the 3rd clip is utterly filthy. Bruno must love working with this kid.

I remember watching it, and assuming it must’ve been an accident because only the bald-headed Spaniard himself could’ve done something that incredible with a football.

Fantastic prospect. And he’s only going to get better.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A few clips from today. Absolutely love this kid. He's surprisingly strong for such a small fella.

LAMPTEY4.gif

What I love the most about this clip is the speed his legs are moving at. Look how much faster they're going than the Norwich players. It's like one of those old cartoons where the characters legs whir round in a blur.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1279811991620718592[/tweet]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why would we agree to a buy back clause when he was running down his contract at Chelsea ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Why would we agree to a buy back clause when he was running down his contract at Chelsea ?

This.

Chelsea were not in any position to really play hard ball with Lamptey's sale. He was stalling on a new contract and from reports he was about to sign a pre-contract agreement with Lille before we swooped. Chelsea would have got next to nothing for Lamptey had he joined Lille, not even sure if transfers for players under 24 between countries are subject to compensation in the same way transfers between English clubs are.

It became clear they had two choices, lose him for next to nothing or take our offer. We may have sweetened the deal with a future sale clause that said if we do accept a bid for him then we will allow Chelsea to match that bid, but it would still be up to the player who he joined.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here