Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Names you give people, as a term of endearment.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Up our allotment, we have all walks of life and characters, who through different ways are begging to be given a nick name, only in my wife and myselfs world of humour :whistle:

For instance there is a person who does not stop talking, even coming up for air is a novelty for them:
the talking head.

One person arrived on the allotment a few years back, hadn't been there that long, and started to spew the intricate rules of the RHS:
RHS Liz.

We have several Daves on the plot:
digger Dave(likes planting potatos), builder Dave(talks to you like he's on a building site), my David(who's never there) & Bear Grylls dave(who saves newts from the HS2).

A lady who walks from one end of the plot to the other, as if she's a listing ship:
the wobbly lady.

An 80+ ex college lecturer: professor plum.

A Russian couple: the Russians.

I could go on, but I'd be giving too much away :lolol:

How about you :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I know a bloke call Paul who calls everyone Customer, strange but true.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I call my friend Dirty Barry, because he’s dirty and his name’s Barry.

el punal

Years ago when I worked in a wine merchants (posh off-licence!) we had a relief manager. The phone rang which I answered.
“ Is Denis the Whistling Biscuit Eater there?”. Denis, of course, was the name of our relief manager. When it was time for tea the nickname became apparent - Denis started whistling as he opened up his packet of biscuits. Cool story eh, bro? :drink:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We have a bricklayer we know called Paul the C..unt.
It’s the perfect nickname for the prick.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I call my best mate Brother Arnold because there's something of the monk about him.

I have a female friend who likes being called kitkat, for the reason you know. Why she likes being called it is beyond me, but I can't bring myself to do it.

I like to call Paul Barber #BarberOut because I am easily amused.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know a guy with the surname O’Shea, we call him Rick

My postman calls me “Boss” for some unexplained reason :shrug: ( and no I’m not some fat Duke’s of Hazard lookalike)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As a term of endearment, I call you all soft southern shandy drinking, blouse wearing poofs!

Even the fellow think northern monkeys on here too!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Someone told me Jurgen Klopp has a son called Clip

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I used to call Martin perry obergruppenfuhrer but I understand some people think that is offensive as they are snowflakes, so I don’t do that anymore...I call him beardo now

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
One of our neighbours waves EXTREMELY vigorously to us when we drive past his house so in Vic & Bob Style he is now Wavey Davey although he is actually called John... :bigwave:

el punal

When I was about 17 I was at college doing a hotel and catering course. As was the norm in those days most of us students got holiday jobs. My mate managed to snaffle a job working for a potato merchant - that is, being the driver’s mate delivering potatoes to all the chip shops in and around Brighton.

One day out on the rounds the driver stops the lorry and tells my mate that he’s off to see Wanker Lil and that he won’t be long. What does Wanker Lil do? Asked my mate innocently. It’s all in the name replied the driver. :D

D

Deleted member 2719

I call my best mate Brother Arnold because there's something of the monk about him.

I have a female friend who likes being called kitkat, for the reason you know. Why she likes being called it is beyond me, but I can't bring myself to do it.

I like to call Paul Barber #BarberOut because I am easily amused.

Sounds like she was into her confectionery much like my friend, who we called 'sweet fanny Adams' let's just say she used to like a creme egg or two!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Our next door neighbours are Rose West on one side and Munchie the Munchkin on the other.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here