Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC thumbs up’s?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What has been the most liked point you’ve made?

Does anyone know, what’s been the most liked comment of all time of all on NSC?

How do you feel when you get thumbs up? Does it give you some sense of validation of your opinions? Or do you prefer being disagreed with? Are you bothered by the origin of the thumbs up?

From memory, I got quite a lot for a comment I made about pedestrianising Brighton City centre, which probably says something about my the worth of my opinions on football.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not sure how to find out. I do know that my judging of my witticisms is very poor. A terrible dad joke will get loads of thumbs up but a line I am really pleased with will tank. Which is probably why I work in IT and not at the Apollo.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
What has been the most liked point you’ve made?

How do you feel when you get thumbs up? Does it give you some sense of validation of your opinions? Or do you prefer being disagreed with? Are you bothered by the origin of the thumbs up?

Can’t remember exactly what it was, but I think it was an anti-Palace joke (playing to the gallery) and I got about 15 likes. That’s by far my best score. Usually if I get any at all it’s just one or two.

I like getting a thumbs up in the same way I like getting a genuine laugh rather than a polite smile or icy silence when I tell jokes at work.

I’m not bothered by the origin of who thumbed me up (ooh-er!). I’m afraid I’ve been cursed with a lousy memory since birth so I can’t always remember who’s who, bar the odd poster.

I’ve probably argued with a poster and then thumbed him up in another thread, but that’s fine. I might disagree with him on one subject but completely agree with him on another. I prefer not to bear grudges, anyway. I suspect that’s the norm here, although not on the more nerdy sites I used to frequent.

And I’m glad they got rid of the thumbs down option. Negative vibes, man, as Oddball might say,

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
In at #13, a new entry, it’s Kosh with “feeling strangely (positive)”

Camera pans to a long haired wispy bloke on a stool, with a twelve string, in a roll neck... more downbeat than up... “he’ll never make it big, too sentimental, too depressing...”

Yet, he’ll be more than a mere footnote in the history of his undeniable mystery.

Double page spread in shindig, too bad he’s dead... ah; the tragedy of unappreciated genius, really is... that they’d not have it any other way.

Kosh

;)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You need to turn it into a percentage of the number of posts you have made which gives a better indicator of how well received your posts are, which in your case is just above 40%.

Ooooh. 83%. Perhaps I will give the Apollo a call after all.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Not sure how to find out. I do know that my judging of my witticisms is very poor. A terrible dad joke will get loads of thumbs up but a line I am really pleased with will tank. Which is probably why I work in IT and not at the Apollo.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51287418

Edit: 2,120 thumbs on 2,473 posts - 86% (rounded up, of course...)

Edit the second: I'm editing rather than posting again, to preserve my stats.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51287418

Edit: 2,120 thumbs on 2,473 posts - 86% (rounded up, of course...)

Edit the second: I'm editing rather than posting again, to preserve my stats.

If that means you are comparing me to Mrs Browns' Boys, I think I am legally entitled to challenge you to a duel for besmirching my good name or some such. But I think it means you are comparing NSC to them so your duelling calendar may get busy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here