Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we be signing a DECENT striker on loan or permanent before the window closes?

Will we be signing a decent new striker by the time the window closes?

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Roughly half of them penalties, and mostly playing in a league where Slavia Prague are as dominant as Liverpool are in the PL this season - 54 points from 20 games and a +41 goal difference...

(that's 45 for, 4 against! - he might find playing for West Ham in the PL a slightly different proposition)

Fair enough. And being a West Ham player he'll doubtless join their ever-thriving injury list earlydoors :lol:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It's not looking likely, and I would be surprised if we did now, on that basis no.

However, it's not out of the question and we have tended to keep business quiet in the past.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know. Disappointing.

We were linked in the Czech press, and Potter had been spotted taking a plane to Prague ( before the Czech article, so no wind up ).

But West Ham pay silly money, and still want 3 more players in.

West Ham must be the most under-performing PL club by quite some way. Pretty sure that won't last tho. Only a matter of time til they sprout wings and achieve mid table mediocrity. Probably starting Saturday, using us as a springboard :down:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
GP publicly stating that he is happy with what he has really worries me. IMO it displays a remarkable level of naivety about what is needed to be a "top 10 club" in the PL.

He needs to learn fast.

I disagree. If he came out publicly saying that our squad is weak and we need to spend £20/£30 million on players, that would be naive.

Hopefully, PRIVATELY he and Ashworth/Bloom etc are aware we need to strengthen and are negotiating to do this behind the scenes.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I disagree. If he came out publicly saying that our squad is weak and we need to spend £20/£30 million on players, that would be naive.

Hopefully, PRIVATELY he and Ashworth/Bloom etc are aware we need to strengthen and are negotiating to do this behind the scenes.

Fingers tightly crossed that this is the case. Striker at the very least, ideally a CM too but that may very well be a dream.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Does the loan window stay open a bit longer ? or does the window SLAM SHUT for everything at the same time..

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Didn't work last January when Hughton uttered the exact same statement did it.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Am I right in saying the transfer window shuts at the same moment as we shut the door on the EU? Well here's hoping that as we say bye-bye to Europe and begin our inexorable sink into isolated obscurity, we also say hello to our brand new all singing and dancing 30 million pound wonder striker who signals our rise to European qualification! Out one door and in the other! Perfect!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No, unfortunately.

Quite depressing that West Ham and others are still looking to improve whilst we stand still.

Feel bad for Potter tbh.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes... surely our leaders are not that dim...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes... surely our leaders are not that dim...
And this is why everyone needs to relax in the knowledge we will sign a striker.

- Tony is a clever man

- The need is obvious

What is the most likely outcome ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here