Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we be signing a DECENT striker on loan or permanent before the window closes?

Will we be signing a decent new striker by the time the window closes?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not talking “one for the future” just a striker who will instantly gives us more options up front.

Whaddya think?

Not long to go now

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
On the non existent poll, I'm voting no.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Can't see it happening.. I thought maybe Andone might be the surprise re-addition, but doesn't look like it?

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
I wonder if its dependent on Murray going somewhere? Personally I don't think we will sign anyone. Very hard to find an instant fix in the January window. I think Potter and co will go with what we have but I fear we are putting to much reliance on Maupay and particularly young Connolly. What happens if Maupay injured!?!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I think the time has come...

maxresdefault.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we are resigned to the inevitable GP is not the answer. He brought fresh ideas and hope when he arrived but has been exposed as sadly lacking in knowledge and tactical nous for The Premier.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t want Poyet back but I do yearn for another manager who can convince super star players to come here on the cheap with his charisma.

Bridge and Vicente being prime examples, we haven’t come close to it since he left have we?

I am little surprised that we can’t manage it with the way GP wants to play football, I imagine quite a few decent players, out of favour at bigger clubs, would love playing our style of football.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Voted no, hope I am wrong.

It really is rather sad, we have all known that we have needed a quality striker foes around five years. Be it at Championship or Prem level. How long can we get away with it for?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I don’t want Poyet back but I do yearn for another manager who can convince super star players to come here on the cheap with his charisma.

Bridge and Vicente being prime examples, we haven’t come close to it since he left have we?

I agree, Bridge and Upson were inspired acquisitions. Class players, albeit playing at a lower level than previously.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No, I don't think we will but I don't think we need to. We haven't used Glenn Murray all season, so he's fresh as a daisy and ready to play games and score goals.

Potter is the right man for the job, but he needs to utilise the whole squad he has right now. He probably would prefer to have fewer players in total and maybe a different balance of the talent he has, but that's for the summer window to correct. For now, he needs to start using our deadliest striker for the benefit of the team. Get through this season and then use the next transfer window to bin off the players he doesn't fancy and get in a few more of the ones he does.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I voted 'Not convinced we've tried that hard'. Genuinely doesn't seem like theres been any effort at all to strengthen. Potter has had half a season to identify where we need to improve and I'm amazed that all the sounds from the club, despite how close we came last year, are to stick with what we have. Seems absolute insanity, hope to be proven wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here