Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] ‘Pathetic, childish and bitter’.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I’m not trying to promote the book (it’s overpriced and difficult to get hold of) and sadly all of the “small club such as Crystal Palace” references were removed by the editor, but this one Albion only in-joke managed to slip past the censors.

[

ATTACH=CONFIG]119577[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 8C2B9113-EEF0-43FC-8CD4-447EB0B8925F.jpeg
    8C2B9113-EEF0-43FC-8CD4-447EB0B8925F.jpeg
    690.3 KB · Views: 525

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They may be good censors but their proof reading (and and) sucks!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Were his shinpads smaller than the ones Jack Grealish wears??

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Indeed, which raises the question of where to point the finger. Should the author be implicated? And, if so, who is primarily culpable?

The publisher - it should have had an editor and a proof-reader (particularly as the author is a DULLARD and not a professional writer).

EDIT: I should add that isn't a slur on El Pres. He's written, by all accounts, a very informative and useful book- one I'm looking to buy when I'm more solvent. But if you're commissioning someone whose main job isn't writing, you really do need to check the copy. Hell, you'd be shocked at the raw copy of people who are professional writers.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I would like to point out that a book named Pulp Football (an almost random collection of football anecdotes) included the story of Pickles the dog finding the stolen World Cup in a street in Upper Norwood in 1966 and added that it was still the closest any major trophy has ever come to Selhurst Park.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would like to point out that a book named Pulp Football (an almost random collection of football anecdotes) included the story of Pickles the dog finding the stolen World Cup in a street in Upper Norwood in 1966 and added that it was still the closest any major trophy has ever come to Selhurst Park.

Is that quite an old book?

The closest Palace have come was agonisingly close. Remember the dancing Pardew?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Ah! I didn't realise that you were you but following your link I now realise that you are you. I already knew that he was him, but you being you is new.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Is that quite an old book?

The closest Palace have come was agonisingly close. Remember the dancing Pardew?

No, I think it came out a short time after that final. I believe the writer was hoping not to have to take that joke out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here