Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] National Television Awards

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Always a great night, love the awards season, Golden Globes, Grammys, NTA's, Academy awards. This has been another stellar year for British TV as seen by the quality of the winners, some were unlucky as even Brendon O'Carroll admitted Ricky Gervais' After Life was a close second to his show in his eyes. David Walliams was an excellent host filling in for Dermot O'Leary and a well deserved winner himself.

Best challenge show - Great British Bake Off

Best factual programme - Odd One Out, Jesy Nelson

Best drama - Peaky Blinders

Best comedy - Mrs Browns Boys

Best serial drama performance - Katie McGlynn, Coronation Street

Impact award - Gavin & Stacey

Best live magazine show - This Morning

Best TV judge - David Walliams

Best new drama - Chernobyl

Best TV presenter - Ant & Dec

Best Newcomer - Peter Ash, Coronation Street

Special recognition award - Sir Michael Palin

Viewers choice - Love Island

Best drama performance - Cillian Murphy, Peaky Blinders

Best serial drama - Emmerdale

Best talent show- X Factor Celebrities

The Bruce Forsyth entertainment award - I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Mrs Brown’s Boys.

Can someone explain it to me?

Why is it winning awards? I just don’t get it. I’ve tried. I have. But it’s shite isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Mrs Brown’s Boys.

Why is it winning awards? I just don’t get it. I’ve tried. I have. But it’s shite isn’t it?

It’s what happens in a Democratic vote.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Mrs Brown’s Boys.

The other nominations were things like Derry Girls and Fleabag, which everyone knows are derivative, unoriginal and unfunny filler shows destined for twilight hour showings on obscure channels, compared to the global masterpiece of comedic innovation that is Mrs Brown's Boys.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
The November Tango Alphas as they’re known in policing and military circles, (and also some of the more advanced Boy Scout troops around the world).

el punal

The other nominations were things like Derry Girls and Fleabag, which everyone knows are derivative, unoriginal and unfunny filler shows destined for twilight hour showings on obscure channels, compared to the global masterpiece of comedic innovation that is Mrs Brown's Boys.

Due I detect a tongue stuck firmly in your cheek with super glue? :wink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mrs Brown’s Boys.

We are a nation of morons.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
So glad to see those young scamps Ant & Dec win the Best Presenter Award. They have a bright future ahead of them in the TV industry I reckon, and have burst on to the scene like a breath of fresh air.
Heres to many more years of fun and laughter with them.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

And After Life...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely no arguments with any of those selections.

British TV is truly in rude health heading into the new decade.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
DhYCWt1W0AIEIrW.jpg

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Is the UK really that light on quality TV presenters that Ant & Dec win this category what seems like every year?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is the UK really that light on quality TV presenters that Ant & Dec win this category what seems like every year?

They are a much loved institution and a national treasure. Another aspect is just how heartwarming it is to see a convicted drink-driver gracing our screens, with his cheeky persona and top bantz still fully intact and seemingly unaffected.

Its inspirational.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Didn't they even win it when one of them was in a drying-out clinic and the pair of them were off our screens for most of the year?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

15 (fifteen) years in a row they've won it now. You have to seel sorry for the other nominees Rylan, Stephen Mulhern, Philip Schofield and Bradley Walsh (they also seem to have been the nominees for most of these years!).

I couldn't even put it on my acca for the award winners last night as the bookies refuse to take bets on this category anymore.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
15 (fifteen) years in a row they've won it now. You have to seel sorry for the other nominees Rylan, Stephen Mulhern, Philip Schofield and Bradley Walsh (they also seem to have been the nominees for most of these years!).

I couldn't even put it on my acca for the award winners last night as the bookies refuse to take bets on this category anymore.

Maybe they should give them a special award next year for services to Saturday night TV, and keep them off the nominees for the presenters award. I can see why they are popular, but are they really THAT good?!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
they are a much loved institution and a national treasure. Another aspect is just how heartwarming it is to see a convicted drink-driver gracing our screens, with his cheeky persona and top bantz still fully intact and seemingly unaffected.

Its inspirational.

Brilliant!

I'm delighted that the convicted drink-driver is in rude health as, no doubt, is his bank balance. A pair of talentless twonks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here