Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man Utd fans attack Ed Woodward's home

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Ed should spare a thought for Ray Bloom, there was a point in the 1990's when he was on both a Pizza Delivery and Taxi blacklist on account of the amount that had been sent to Chez Bloom at the height of the troubles.

In all seriousness this does cross the line, I recall someone contacting Gulls Eye in late 1995 suggesting we snatch Bellotti Junior outside his school in Eastbourne and up the ante. Needless to say we told the young man in question it wasn't an option, but I did get a degree of satisfaction ringing the club and telling Bellotti what had been suggested.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Frankly, I think the whole situation with United is massively overblown. They're 5th in the league which is only one place lower than their realistic ambition for the season. Ole inherited a disjointed squad, he's begun to reshape it but the last thing they need is their former players making a massive drama out of every negative result. Yes, losing 2-0 at home to Burnley is an awful result - but they're still in touch with Chelsea, with them to play in the next few weeks. 3 wins in a row and they'll be sitting in 4th, they're still in the FA Cup and made the League Cup semi-final. They'll lose tonight because City are much better than they are right now, but they won at the Etihad in the league not all that long ago - they're probably another year or so away from competing at the top end of the Premier League but if they sack Ole they'll reset the clock.

Their fans are just now beginning to learn what it was like for Liverpool fans in the late 90s and throughout the 2000s and 2010s.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Is holding a lit flare, whilst standing on public land, really ‘attacking’ someone’s house? Hardly the Alamo is it?

Still, twitter’s off and running so expect siege cannons to be cited by the morning.

Throwing them at his house, potentially starting fire definitely is though...

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Pretty sure some fans blame Barber for *anything* that goes wrong at the Albion...

To me Barber seems to get the blame on here for the non football issues such as bottle tops and food price increases and Winstanley and the recruitment team get blamed for recruitment.

SAC

May 21, 2014
To me Barber seems to get the blame on here for the non football issues such as bottle tops and food price increases and Winstanley and the recruitment team get blamed for recruitment.

Nope, I blame Barber for everything. No flasks, no striker, no sunshine, Barber out.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm not asking you to, just shared the link for those who want to read it.

Just realised how confrontational I sounded in my previous post. Sorry mate.

I mean, I’ve clicked on some highly questionable links in my time, but the Mail? There has to be limits. :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There is a video in the OP of people throwing flares at his house with the caption ‘Ed Woodward is gonna die’

I believe it’s quite a front drive. Did a flare remotely get close to the house as you inferred (“...sets fire to the house”)? Also, it’s uncommon for would be murderers to advertise their deadly deed in advance whilst being filmed. Personally, I think they’re bluffing just as Brighton fans including me did back in the day. For additional clarity I’ve also never shot “...the Palace scum“ nor known anyone to. They however have been know to dabble in arson and graffiti, famously burning down their town and vandalising their own coach in error.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What I don't understand is why protest against Woodward? He's just the money man who sanctions the transfers, he doesn't decide on the players to buy that's the scouts / recruitment team / manager to decide. It's not his fault that Pogba / Fred / Sanchez have been such disasters, he just sanctioned the money after presumably acting on advice of the various departments. We don't blame Barber for Locadia and Ali J for example so why blame Woodward?

It seems that lately, there has been a lot of focus on him from in the press and on TV.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ls-at-ed-woodward-over-manchester-united-mess
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...dward-crisis-David-Moyes-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...-the-Glazers-Ed-Woodward-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer
https://www.givemesport.com/1540124...ing-sackwoodward-trend-even-higher-on-twitter
http://thepeoplesperson.com/2020/01...-for-ed-woodward-at-manchester-united-211522/

A lot of the google links are about today's news. But there are particularly a lot of articles following up on Gary Neville's outburst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here