Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man Utd fans attack Ed Woodward's home

el punal

Yeah good on them, Woodward’s only just negotiated to buy a world class midfielder for £60 million tonight, the ******* is ruining their club, obviously.

Which part is the “good on them”? The part about protesting about the way their club is being run or the part about attacking the family home with his wife and children there?

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
What I don't understand is why protest against Woodward? He's just the money man who sanctions the transfers, he doesn't decide on the players to buy that's the scouts / recruitment team / manager to decide. It's not his fault that Pogba / Fred / Sanchez have been such disasters, he just sanctioned the money after presumably acting on advice of the various departments. We don't blame Barber for Locadia and Ali J for example so why blame Woodward?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Which part is the “good on them”? The part about protesting about the way their club is being run or the part about attacking the family home with his wife and children there?

I think he was being sarcastic

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Manchester United were attacking Ed Woodward's house they'd probably fail to make an impact then see their own homes get attacked on the counter

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What I don't understand is why protest against Woodward? He's just the money man who sanctions the transfers, he doesn't decide on the players to buy that's the scouts / recruitment team / manager to decide. It's not his fault that Pogba / Fred / Sanchez have been such disasters, he just sanctioned the money after presumably acting on advice of the various departments. We don't blame Barber for Locadia and Ali J for example so why blame Woodward?

Probably because its easier to firebomb a house in Cheshire than one in New York.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To Manchester Utd their drop from total domination to scraping around for 5th place and being inferior to both their neighbours and more importantly Liverpool is as dramatic for them as our battle with Archer.

Of course it’s not, but it is all about perspective, which these idiots don’t have.

They have no organisation and no aim. Ironically, the people that could organise them have probably left to form Utd of Manchester or are watching Salford now. The majority of fans should have got behind the anti-Glazer move then, but they were too busy suckling from the devil’s teat of success.

Now they just look pathetic. Except they are not. They will do something stupid and someone will get hurt. Only then will the realization that they still exist; they are one of the richest clubs in the world and they are entitled hit home.

Perhaps they should bother to read Build a Bonfire first before they start singing it. Then they can learn how fans can organise to look after their club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't come here for a lecture in communism.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Conspiracy theories abound on Red Cafe. Apparently Woodward has recently hired a PR guru with connections to the Sun. The timing of it when he was about to successfully close a major deal, the fact that nobody was home at 11pm on a school night, and the swiftness of it appearing in the press has some of them speculating it was all set up to get Woodward a more sympathetic ride with the fans and wider media...

Probably nonsense, but then not much would surprise me these days.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Woodward runs United for Glazers, so is in charge of (people responsible for) strategy, transfers, scouting etc.

And, as United fans know, he has ZERO experience of football.

(Barber has been at FA, Spurs etc)

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Woodward runs United for Glazers, so is in charge of (people responsible for) strategy, transfers, scouting etc.

And, as United fans know, he has ZERO experience of football.

(Barber has been at FA, Spurs etc)

Yeah I get that but he doesn't scout the players does he, he signs off the money after presumably a myriad of people decide on a player to target? With say Pogba they decided they wanted to re sign after how well he did at Juventus and I would imagine they all discussed a price to start the bidding on and a ceiling price with Woodward at the forefront of negotiations, it's not his fault it hasn't worked out. To me I'd blame the recruitment department and the various managers employed since Fergie retired.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Conspiracy theories abound on Red Cafe. Apparently Woodward has recently hired a PR guru with connections to the Sun. The timing of it when he was about to successfully close a major deal, the fact that nobody was home at 11pm on a school night, and the swiftness of it appearing in the press has some of them speculating it was all set up to get Woodward a more sympathetic ride with the fans and wider media...

Probably nonsense, but then not much would surprise me these days.
All you need to know about Red Cafe is they lap up the guff from our very own Walter Mitty from Pende.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Now, I don't know enough about this situation, but isn't this part of a wider protest against the Glazers, and the debt incurred from their takeover? Woodward facilitated that deal, and as such these protests are not particularly about results on the field. Although, much like the interesting West Ham thread, I'd suspect the natives wouldn't be as restless if they were doing better, and that the mickeys weren't having such a good season.

He didn't, the Glazers takeover was long before Woodwards time. I think David Gill was CE when they tookover.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah I get that but he doesn't scout the players does he, he signs off the money after presumably a myriad of people decide on a player to target? With say Pogba they decided they wanted to re sign after how well he did at Juventus and I would imagine they all discussed a price to start the bidding on and a ceiling price with Woodward at the forefront of negotiations, it's not his fault it hasn't worked out. To me I'd blame the recruitment department and the various managers employed since Fergie retired.

I think it's more of a vision thing. No long-term strategy. United fans have realised no matter what manager they have in the current executive setup, they won't be successful.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I think it's more of a vision thing. No long-term strategy. United fans have realised no matter what manager they have in the current executive setup, they won't be successful.

Can any team really say they have a long term strategy? I think most clubs don't look that far ahead, if they can get a player in who they feel will improve them for a while and keep them up but who has no resale value they will sign him, the clamour for Olivier Giroud providing a good example. I get trying to have a strong youth policy but most managers are pragmatists and realise by the team the 10 year old prospect is ready for the first team they've long since left.

I think recently you can see a change in the Man United transfer policy, targeting young hungry players on the up rather than 'superstars' like Di Maria and Falcao. They must be tearing their hair out as they've tried every type of manager since Fergie and spent fortunes. Ha ha it is amusing to watch!!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
There are many people who are more to blame than Woodward for United’s current malaise ….. Pogba, Sanchez, Mourinho, Ole

Much easier to blame Woodward though.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Can any team really say they have a long term strategy?

Yes. Brighton & Hove Albion. Invested heavily in executives and an academy. Also, the likes of Southampton and Watford. Very different but also Burnley.

Plenty of badly run (in terms of football) clubs around: Man Utd, Arsenal, West Ham...

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Yes. Brighton & Hove Albion. Invested heavily in executives and an academy. Also, the likes of Southampton and Watford. Very different but also Burnley.

Plenty of badly run (in terms of football) clubs around: Man Utd, Arsenal, West Ham...

both fair points.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Pretty sure some fans blame Barber for *anything* that goes wrong at the Albion...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here