Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] James Blunt

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
James Blunt. I really like the fella. This is wonderful as a tribute to his Dad who has Dementia. Lost my Mum to this the last year so hit's hard. It is such a horrible disease. Seeing my Mum go through this over the years was terrible and Dementia needs serious funding and help. She is at peace now. So moving. Love you Mum. Forever xx https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTF...JEcJHi7gO8KiwM8Lk3G5cd065hD5nZ4O6fuKA6Ribj2lE

Last edited:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Not usually a fan of James Blunt but that was a truly emotional and hard-hitting tribute to his dad.

Thanks for posting.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just going through the circles of diagnosis and prognosis with my stepdad. Early doors but it’s already something he doesn’t really comprehend. It’s sad and unfortunately will become sadder.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm pretty sure, James Blunts dad hasn't got dementia. Everything I've read or heard is that he had stage 4 chronic kidney disease.
The good news is that his dad has got a donor, and has a transplant tomorrow.
I do agree it's a very moving song, any son who has had to watch their Dad fade away, it really hits a nerve.

And, it makes Mrs LLF cry every time she heard it.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm pretty sure, James Blunts dad hasn't got dementia. Everything I've read or heard is that he had stage 4 chronic kidney disease.
The good news is that his dad has got a donor, and has a transplant tomorrow.
I do agree it's a very moving song, any son who has had to watch their Dad fade away, it really hits a nerve.

And, it makes Mrs LLF cry every time she heard it.

You are quite right, my apologies. I heard it was dementia. Still a touching song. Tell your parents you love them every day. You don't know how long they be around for

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
You are quite right, my apologies. I heard it was dementia. Still a touching song. Tell your parents you love them every day. You don't know how long they be around for

I was listening to the lyrics and watching the video trying to work out how they tied in to dementia. Seemed a cruel thing to do to get his dad on screen with dementia!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really like his latest album although I understand this is a really uncool thing to admit

I like him but not his music or his voice :shrug:

I do like some extremely uncool bands though, Coldplay being the worst!

Never let the music police get to you, it’s as bad as being told what you should be drinking!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was listening to the lyrics and watching the video trying to work out how they tied in to dementia. Seemed a cruel thing to do to get his dad on screen with dementia!

You are right if course. I got the wrong end of the stick, quite common. Still stands as a great song and tribute to his Dad from the boy Blunt imo

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Love Blunt for his replies to trolls. Legendary. Also his taking the piss out of, your beautiful, but no need for that I still think that is a great song and I think I probably always will

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Never let the music police get to you, it’s as bad as being told what you should be drinking!

All they said was.... “Why do you want the meths” ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here