Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nicholas Parsons RIP

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Thank you for "and now, from Norwich, it's the quiz of the week" Sale of the Century and "as the Minute Waltz fades away" Just a Minute... both sources of great joy at different times in my life.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
He and his wife were regular visitors to the Cooden Beach Hotel in Bexhill where I worked as a teenager. Lovely guy - and a good tipper too. RIP.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What a treat Nicholas Parsons has been. It seemed as though he'd go on forever but a poignant reminder that we're all mortal. Thank you Nicholas.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Another person from my childhood has gone.

When you get as old as I am, this will inevitably happen but it doesn’t make it any better.

RIP Nicholas. You will be missed

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sale of Century, where a Mini Metro was considered a star price, but a great quiz show for its time.

Fond memories of Nicholas over the years.

RIP

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I am shocked and saddened by this news as a regular listener to just a minute Nicolas Parsons wit and sharpness never diminished in fact I was starting to question his age as he seemed to completly defie the aging process dispite his 96 years, never rude always polite, l can honestly say without hesitation, deviation or repetition he will be missed RIP.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Class act with a very long career

RIP

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That's sad.

Wouldn't say i was particularly fond of his work, but for much of my youth he had an almost anti-national treasure status, along with Des O'connor.
Seemed a decent sort and was happy to have the piss taken out of himself, which elevated him above most of his contemporaries.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One of the saddest of the recent passings for me, (although of course any death is a sad event). I really thought the guy was going to go on for ever.

Still, 96, what an innings.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just a minute was a favourite. Great innings, great career. 96. Gotta be happy with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here