Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] FA Cup - Round of 16 draw

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The 4th round may have been fairly uninspiring but the Round of 16 draw has thrown up some absolute corkers. Ties played midweek, 3rd to 5th March and I believe as with recent EPL midweek games they will be staggered between 7:30 and 8:15 kick offs.

Pick of the round is undoubtedly the potential 'Wazza Derby' as it's being billed, you just couldn't have scripted it, Rooney back in English football against the giant that is Manchester United where he became a club and national legend. ALso Chelsea v Liverpool is an absolute corker potentially.

Sheffield Wednesday v Manchester City

Reading or Cardiff City v Sheffield United

Chelsea v Shrewsbury Town or Liverpool

West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United or Oxford United

Leicester City v Coventry City or Birmingham City

Northampton Town or Derby County v Manchester United

Southampton or Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City

Portsmouth v Arsenal

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Surely you mean Massive v Citeh, there's no bigger tie.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The 4th round may have been fairly uninspiring but the Round of 16 draw has thrown up some absolute corkers. Ties played midweek, 3rd to 5th March and I believe as with recent EPL midweek games they will be staggered between 7:30 and 8:15 kick offs.

Pick of the round is undoubtedly the potential 'Wazza Derby' as it's being billed, you just couldn't have scripted it, Rooney back in English football against the giant that is Manchester United where he became a club and national legend. ALso Chelsea v Liverpool is an absolute corker potentially.

Sheffield Wednesday v Manchester City

Reading or Cardiff City v Sheffield United

Chelsea v Shrewsbury Town or Liverpool

West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United or Oxford United

Leicester City v Coventry City or Birmingham City

Northampton Town or Derby County v Manchester United

Southampton or Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City

Portsmouth v Arsenal

Their be no love loss between Leicester, Coventry and Brum. Maybe to jazz up the sleeping giant that is the FA Cup they should play a three way match on a specially designed pitch.

It would help with fixture congestions as well.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
giphy.gif

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Their be no love loss between Leicester, Coventry and Brum. Maybe to jazz up the sleeping giant that is the FA Cup they should play a three way match on a specially designed pitch.

It would help with fixture congestions as well.

#iffootballwaswrestling

Would love to see a 3 way match between 3 teams who hated each other.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I don't really get why Enrest got pelters for ages (including from me) about doing the same old joke all the time but crodo just gets indulgent smiles.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'd love to know the odds on Shrews beating Liverpool's kids - worth a punt!

I haven't seen any odds quoted for the replay yet on the couple of betting sites I visit.

You can get 9's on Liverpool winning the whole thing which is huge given their form this season and only that big because of them saying they will play the kids in the replay. They won't be 9s if they win that game.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Derby recording record breaking sales and unprecedented demand for 'the Wazza Derby' in the Round of 16 next Thursday night, sold out and they reckon they could have sold the IPro twice over.

:ohmy:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Chelsea v Liverpool in the Round of 16 tonight, end to end stuff, really easy on the eyes. 1-0 Chelsea, are Liverpool collapsing?!

:ohmy:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Liverpool not happy with Chelsea's pressing tactics, they are not able to play out from the back and looking very suspect all of a sudden.... they'll still win the league though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here