Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham man-bag policy

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Their website is a bit vague and says bags are generally permitted but large bags are banned. It doesn’t give any guide to sizes though. It also adds a caveat that any bag can be banned at the discretion of the security staff.

Does anyone have experience of this and know if an A4 sized man bag will be allowed?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
From my experience at West Ham, I can not see how this would be allowed. You could easily fit both teams in there and make away with hundreds of millions of talent.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Their website is a bit vague and says bags are generally permitted but large bags are banned. It doesn’t give any guide to sizes though. It also adds a caveat that any bag can be banned at the discretion of the security staff.

Does anyone have experience of this and know if an A4 sized man bag will be allowed?

The Dagenham fashion police reckon you'll get away with your A4 sized man bag but only if you have it as part of an ensemble with matching headwear and shoes.....no open toes or high heals.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last time I had a gym bag and had no issues at all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

A4 sized bags were the rule for Wembley, so I guess you should be fine.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
In a similar predicament a couple of years ago I ended up using the left luggage at Liverpool Street, but I think I had a marginally larger bag than you. I was also worried about things getting damaged /confiscated - on spurious grounds I should add

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
https://www.claretandhugh.info/what-you-can-and-cant-bring-to-the-london-stadium/

Damn, no frisbees.

source.gif

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I've not seen a match there yet - just other things (including paralympics). Most recently saw the Stones there, and the policy was a very strict A4 size (can't remember the depth of the permitted bag) and a lot of people were getting VERY angry at the security points as their bags were turned away. Typically, once in, you could spot people with rucksacks and the like, so clearly some security points didn't care, others very much did. As @Cowfold_Seagull says, best to give them a call to make sure. There's very little in the immediate vicinity so unless you drive up, you'll have nowhere to stash the bag if turned away.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i'm not sure there is a sensible response to a question that uses the words man bag.......i mean lap top case all day long but man bag....:shrug:

I will have my iPad in the bag, does this qualify?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
iPads are banned according to the link posted by PotG above.

Good point. “Seat cushions” are allowed so I can bring something to sit on.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I've not seen a match there yet - just other things (including paralympics). Most recently saw the Stones there, and the policy was a very strict A4 size (can't remember the depth of the permitted bag) and a lot of people were getting VERY angry at the security points as their bags were turned away. Typically, once in, you could spot people with rucksacks and the like, so clearly some security points didn't care, others very much did. As @Cowfold_Seagull says, best to give them a call to make sure. There's very little in the immediate vicinity so unless you drive up, you'll have nowhere to stash the bag if turned away.

That was Stones management policy rather than the stadium. It was the same everywhere they played. Had the same issue in Berlin with my partners handbag that was marginally over A4 size. Complete chaos and a lot of pissed off people. Guns N Roses had played there a week or so before and larger bags weren't an issue apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here