Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudi consortium to take over Newcastle

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If only he would give something more back to his employees and not subject them to Dickensian work conditions.

As I stated, a t**t in many ways, but on the subject of tax alone, he pays his way.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Saudi is moving in the right direction (apart from the odd chop chop indiscretion). Making great strides. In a few generations time they'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.

Looking forward to watching the golf this weekend on the box

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Saudi is moving in the right direction (apart from the odd chop chop indiscretion). Making great strides. In a few generations time they'll be wondering what all the fuss was about.

Looking forward to watching the golf this weekend on the box

"Moving in the right direction" ?

They assassinated a journalist two years ago.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
"Moving in the right direction" ?

They assassinated a journalist two years ago.

They did but the global condemnation and the effect that would have had on MBS probably means that’ll be the last time they do that. He’s desperate to be seen as a serious world leader.

But Cinemas, theme parks, sports events, concerts, girls playing sports (first female cycle race recently held), women driving, reduced reliance on low paid expatriate maids/drivers/construction workers shows the country is quickly changing from its hideously restrictive past. Despite the occasional zealot trying to disrupt this new western lifestyle (three performers from a foreign group stabbed during an open air concert in November)

No means perfect though.

Still got the old democracy and open press issues but so have all other gulf states and the war in Yemen and oppression of Shia Saudis in the east.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
They did but the global condemnation and the effect that would have had on MBS probably means that’ll be the last time they do that. He’s desperate to be seen as a serious world leader.

But Cinemas, theme parks, sports events, concerts, girls playing sports (first female cycle race recently held), women driving, reduced reliance on low paid expatriate maids/drivers/construction workers shows the country is quickly changing from its hideously restrictive past. Despite the occasional zealot trying to disrupt this new western lifestyle (three performers from a foreign group stabbed during an open air concert in November)

No means perfect though.

Still got the old democracy and open press issues but so have all other gulf states and the war in Yemen and oppression of Shia Saudis in the east.

How many other serious world leaders have hacked Jeff Bezos' phone?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

No means perfect though.

That's a pretty generous assessment. I'd like you as my judge if I'm ever up in court for anything

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
My point was some of those held in high esteem are also those that choose to live offshore and avoid paying tax in the country that made them great and still support them, be they sports stars, former sports stars or celebrities. I agree Monaco etc are great places to live but I feel you should always give something back.

That is all well, but how is it relevant to this thread?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Slightly off subject but still Newcastle related, I read in the Argus yesterday about the prosecution of 2 of their supporter coach drivers after the match at the Amex last season - both died up to the eye balls . Supporters were left to make their own way home.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Slightly off subject but still Newcastle related, I read in the Argus yesterday about the prosecution of 2 of their supporter coach drivers after the match at the Amex last season - both died up to the eye balls . Supporters were left to make their own way home.

Sorry, must be out of touch on the street slang scene. What does that even MEAN? :lolol:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Sorry, must be out of touch on the street slang scene. What does that even MEAN? :lolol:
Apologies - posted in haste and missed the predictive text. As others have pointed out “doped”. But thanks for accusing me of using street slang - my teenage kids thought it hilarious that their dad could ever receive such flattery! I’m “down” with them now - whatever that means.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
"Brighton" was trending on Twitter, relating to football, so I took a look - it appeared to stem from the Premier League posting something on Neal Maupay, but the VAST VAST majority of comments are salty Newcastle fans with their daft #premierleagueiscorrupt tag...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here