Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] MEN. Stop talking about sport at work. NOW.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Chat about football or cricket in the workplace should be curtailed, a management body has warned.

Chartered Management Institute head Ann Francke said sports banter can exclude women and lead to laddish behaviour such as chat about sexual conquests.

thief of joy.gif

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Click-baited by the BBC - clearly just the views of a single, deranged individual, but dressed up to sound like some sort of government directive. :angry:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting piece on the Business news on Radio Four this morning. They invited the author of this bollocks on and she got schooled. Utter nonsense.

Reminds me of when the clown who concluded 'racism' when we sacked CH was made to apologise a few days later.

Thick people should not be given responsible jobs where the reputation and integrity of the employer is paramount, and can be damaged by foolish talk.

Buck stops with the plums that employed her, though.

Anyway. Nice tits!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Reminds me of when the clown who concluded 'racism' when we sacked CH was made to apologise a few days later.

Thick people should not be given responsible jobs where the reputation and integrity of the employer is paramount, and can be damaged by foolish talk.

Buck stops with the plums that employed her, though.

Anyway. Nice tits!

I don’t think so! (Your last comment!)

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Continually talking about topics which exclude some people isn't sexism just poor manners. I talk to people in my team about all sorts of subjects including football.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Absolute sexist nonsense.

If this were reversed and a man wrote complaining about what women talked about, he’d be crucified no doubt.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Chartered Management Institute head Ann Francke said sports banter can exclude women and lead to laddish behaviour such as chat about sexual conquests.

"It's a gateway to more laddish behaviour and - if it just goes unchecked - it's a signal of a more laddish culture," she said

Fair point about it being a 'gateway'.

I started break time this morning innocently talking about how the best club in the world had struggled against League Two opposition. By the end of break I'd ended up convincing everyone I was in fact the inspiration for Shabba Ranks' Trailer Load of Girls. :rolleyes:

Guilty as charged. I'll make the effort not to talk about Muff v Arsenal tomorrow. Who knows where that one could lead to.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
In fairness I have much the same trouble with Jnr, differentiating between:-

Professional football.
His yoof team
&
FIFA.

It all comes out in such a blur, I'm sure Barnham Trojans once beat Real Madrid.

You know what - I actually think Barnham Trojans played them. My son was in the county team and I’m sure they once played against them on a tour....

May have been when he was in one of the Albion youth teams but i don’t think so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
**** working in an office

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It’s time to bring back DI Monkfish or we will be overwhelmed by conversation about knitting, cats and HOOVERS.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
OK let's trade. Anybody male of female who chats about Love Island should be sacked for gross misconduct!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here