Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we go down will it be self inflicted ?

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
I only think we're in danger of going down, I'm confident we can still avoid it. And yes all these threads talking of being doomed are getting tiresome.

I don`t think we are .Us fans like to think we know better then the Manager .I would always start Trossard and if he fades at the end take him off .Some players have to start .

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
The 3rd active Palace troll on the board just now along with [MENTION=38177]Anya1000[/MENTION] and [MENTION=38351]HBoi[/MENTION].

Mod's, please nuke these cnts.
I was there when Albion fans were attacked by spurs fans in the late seventies at White Hart lane in the away end ,I'm sure some older Albion fans will remember that when spurs came down to the second div .Game ended 0-0.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As we are now with still plenty of points to play for if we slip through the net ,will it be because of to much tinkering for example score a goal then you do not start next game ,players out of position just trying to be too clever etc to try and out think the opposition .If we get relegated it will be worse IMO if it could have been avoided .If we are just not good enough that`s fair enough there is no easy games, personally i think we have to have our best available team for every game now.

It will simply be because we haven't been good enough, no other reason.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It’s easy to think “yes”. But once you have a root around for the fees, bonuses, wages etc that are demanded for players that could instantly improve our squad (IF we could get them to sign) then it’s pretty clear how difficult it is to run a successful PL club without risking its financial future. Very few beat the odds - take a bow Sheffield United.

We are currently very small fry in this division and our league position reflects that. I’d love to see us bring in a free-scoring striker and brilliant number 10 but if we don’t, so be it. There’s every chance players of that ilk that we can afford would make little impact short term anyway.

As it is, I think we’ve improved incrementally. Hopefully, the team can hang in there this season and more shrewd acquisitions like Mooy will gradually cement our position ahead of clubs that are less cautious with their cash.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
No i`m not Palace .My username is because when Howard Wilkinson was playing for the Albion i remember a fan shouting "Come on Granny ".

What ? LOL. At least you’re a palace fan with a sense of humour.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
The 3rd active Palace troll on the board just now along with [MENTION=38177]Anya1000[/MENTION] and [MENTION=38351]HBoi[/MENTION].

Mod's, please nuke these cnts.

Just to add to my previous post of my Albion supporting credentials .I remember my Parents not letting me see the Albion in the late sixties when they played Torquay United because there was a blizzard before the game anyway they played the game with snow on the pitch and it ended 2-2 i think .I can`t imagine a Palace troll looking through archive Evening Argus editions of the late sixties .Hope that is good enough and i never boo the team always stay to the end and clap the team if they come over .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You punctuate like Alfredmizen and Fredbinney and Bushy. Are you, by any chanced, related? ???

Well spotted. It’s the classic space then a comma, and the same before a full stop.
Not Palace but Chelsea.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
What ? LOL. At least you’re a palace fan with a sense of humour.

I remember a game at the Goldstone in the old Div 3 when we bought a new a new striker i could not remember his name so i looked it up and it was Alan Duffy i think we won 2-1 and he scored ,anyway when i got to the ground it was packed with 34 /35 000 so we just about got in .maybe some older fans will help me out with this one .Long time before you Glory Hunters came along . only joking .

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
Well spotted. It’s the classic space then a comma, and the same before a full stop.
Not Palace but Chelsea.

OK tiptoe through the North Stand with your boots on get your head kicked in .we used to sing ,think it was based on the song tiptoe through the tulips in the charts at the time .What about a fan running on the pitch having a go at Ray Wilkins against Orient score 4-4. still not convinced.?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
OK tiptoe through the North Stand with your boots on get your head kicked in .we used to sing ,think it was based on the song tiptoe through the tulips in the charts at the time .What about a fan running on the pitch having a go at Ray Wilkins against Orient score 4-4. still not convinced.?

We know Bushy went to the Goldstone.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The problem as I see it is that on current form I cannot see 3 teams worse than us, so there is only one outcome.

Not at the moment, no. Form table can't be looking too uplifting.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
Hmmmmm! I detect the stench of Palace!

No i`m not Palace .First saw the Albion 1968 won 6-0 against Bury .good first game .Its a bit of a negative thread but it can get a bit frustrating when we fans have our ideas about how we can improve just concerned that`s all .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here